Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More names.

Our list should be getting shorter but it's not. It's getting longer. And more ridiculous.
Again, I won't mention who likes which names but you can probably determine who likes what just based on their appropriateness for our racial makeup (although in his defense Ben does have a Portuguese side - De Veirera) or just general appropriateness:

Dale
Blake
Carlos
Hawk
Ian
Javier (pretty sure this is on the other list but someone wanted it again)
Kanoa
Neil
Quentin
Rocco
Roscoe
Theophilus
Walker
Lance
Diego
Shlomo
Shelomi (which we would pronounce to rhyme with Salami)

If this baby knows what is good for him he'll arrive before we have a chance to have the name conversation again.


Notes from the previous list:
* Jaquiz is actually supposed to be spelled Jacquizz. Which of course is much better.
** Lysurgus is a family name suggested by Ben's dad - who is apparently as gifted in the baby naming dept. as his son. Paolo is also a family name. So is Reed.
*** And Tarah - Ben's mom also suggested Jerome, but we never thought of the Jr. thing. Since Jerome does come up as an alias on our credit report why not!

Other baby-naming notes:
- Aunt Brittany suggested Diego. Apparently she's on Ben's side.
- My mom has suggested Kip and Coe. Cute. And African.
- One time I found a handwritten piece of paper - the back of a floral arrangement card actually (from his dad and three older brothers in celebration of Ben's birth) - that had Ben's mom's list of potential names for Ben...I mean Benjamin (he was never supposed to be just Ben). The names included Beau, Spencer, Quinn, Boyd...and some others I can't remember right now. I wish I could find that paper.
- I could have been a Danielle or Piper.

11 comments:

TOVAR said...

What was with Piper being a name option back in the day? Naming kids is a pain if you aren't one of those people who have known what they are naming their kids since they were a kid. I am digging on your Credit Report alias! Nice.

Pattersons said...

i'm surprised the name mason wasn't at the top of your list:)

nathan said...

I vote against Dale, Blake, Ian, Lance, and Beau. (Only because those are awful names, though.)

I vote in favor of Reggie and Jerome. (Try watching 'Gattaca' if you need to switch associations with Jerome.) Carlos, Rocco, and Theo(philus) are also good.

If you want to channel Benjamin's Portuguese heritage (and also John Steinbeck's great novel, Tortilla Flat), you could name him Big Joe Portagee.

bethy said...

We have had a hard time in the naming department. There are a few boy names we can agree on but girl names were a whole other ball game. As luck would have it girls are what we have been blessed with. I'm sure your little babe will end up with the perfect name.

Ashley Locke said...

My mom and I both are still voting for Owen. We think it goes good with Avery and Miles.
Or you could always go with like Thor....ya know, strong from birth? Hehe :)

Pattersons said...

As long as everyone is throwing names in here are mine:
Cletus
Fahquir
Maven
X
Cleon
Solatalu
Memphis
Wolfe

Thanks for your consideration, Mason

Pattersons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tarah said...

Wasn't Hawk a break dancer on So you think you can dance?

Diego is a cartoon character. You'd have to rename Avery Dora and Miles Boots.

Roscoe sells chicken.

Walker? What is he, newborn going on 80?

Tarah said...

I actually like Kip..reminds me of the English Patient.. And that's a good thing.

Tarah said...

Ok last comment. I think Blake Westbrook has a good sound. And I dig William Blake.. Which in turns goes well with Miles and musicality and Avery and Grace.. It's late but I think you know what I mean.. final answer.

Tarah said...

Ok last comment. I think Blake Westbrook has a good sound. And I dig William Blake.. Which in turns goes well with Miles and musicality and Avery and Grace.. It's late but I think you know what I mean.. final answer.