Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, May 1, 2009

April Recap

The April Recap is shaping up to look much like the March recap but I'd better elaborate lest my children think they wasted two months of their childhood at Lowe's (it was really more like 6 months honies).



Ben - I always thought that Ben was a pretty cool guy, but these last few months he has bordered on superhuman. He did a Plastic Surgery rotation where he "makes the world a better place one breast at a time" or is it two at a time...anyhow, you get the picture. So by day he does his reconstruction work and by night he does his construction side jobs. And on more than one occasion he has had to return to the hospital after putting in multiple hours on the house. Tiling, concrete countertops, woodwork etc. There's not much he can't figure out. He even found time to take me to a concert and to dinner on my birthday (separate occasions).


Miles - His big achievement was the potty-training. Which I am sometimes regretting already b/c he wakes up and has to go in the middle of the night and he cries till we wake up to take him, or he has to go a million times when we are running errands for the house (Lowe's has a really nice bathroom by the way - with like 14 stalls - and I've never once seen anyone else in there).


Avery - Continues to simultaneously tire and energize me with questions such as "Why can't we see the dark side of the moon?"



She is the cultural ambassador on our house building projects. One of our painters came to me and said "your daughter speaks Spanish?" Turns out she had be trying out some of her Dora/Handy Manny vocabulary (which does not make someone bilingual) much to the delight of some of the contractors. I also found her about 4 inches from another contractors sons face saying slowly and loudly "I can't understand you. We-don't-speak-the-same-language". His dad was Russian, but I'm pretty sure the kid spoke English.




She's also launched a jewelry line made from leftover electrical wire. Below is one that she recently wore to church.


And she finally decided to give reading a real go and read a Step into Reading Level 1 - Barbie Ballerina book with very little help. Then she announced she was done with reading.


Me - Well between potty training one and getting the other to start reading I'd say I've had a rather successful month. I also turned 31 (yesterday). This is what I look like.

19 comments:

Tarah said...

See, now that you have a recent photo of yourself, you are officially ready to get a facebook account of your very own. :)

JMK said...

You look awesome! You are now officially "in your 30s".

The Avery stories crack me up everytime!

Ambitious Crafter said...

Congrats on the b-day, so when are you getting on FB? :D You look awesome!

Pattersons said...

sounds like you're one busy mama-and a cute one at that:) 31 doesn't look bad at all on you...i hear it's the new 21-i like to think so anyway. happy b-day and kudos to ben for all his superhuman feats!

Terese said...

Man, that Avery cracks me up! Love the jewelry. Presley would be her bestie in a heartbeat! Way to go Ben. How nice that he makes the world a perkier place! Josh was asked if he wanted to work on colon cancer or breast cancer while we lived in Maryland. I bet you can guess which one he chose!

Ashley Locke said...

Oh man you crack me up. I love the story about Avery. I had to read it out loud to Matt, it was just too good not to :)

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

oh happy birthday!! way late... sorry! you look gorgeous! love reading your blog! makes me miss you, so we'll have to be working on planning a trip up there! cruise maybe!! :)

bethy said...

31 looks good! Avery reminds me of Gracie. Tim tries to only speak spanish to the girls and we have lots of spanish dvds for them. We have had people working on our house for the past little while. The other day whie I was switching laundry loads I heard Gracie yelling. I didn't think much of it because she is often yelling/singing/talking quite loudly. When I finally paid attention I realized that she had the back door open and was yelling at the workers in the yard "VEN AQUI, AHORITA!!! VEN!! VEN!!" in an angry, disaplinary tone. I was so embarassed and we had a chat about how we show respect to everyone.

Good Times

Dorothy said...

Happy Birthday! Congratulations to Miles on the potty training and Avery on the reading and jewelry line.

jen said...

you are hot! happy belated b-day! i used your famous mint brownies recipe for our mother's day get together. they are soooo yummy. it was fun looking at your blog and remembering your 30th b-day.

thank you for your advice on the stroller situation. i totally forgot about aafes, that's a great place to get a stroller. i would love to have that coupon, as long as you don't need it. thanks again!

Erick & Norma said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

sara said...

are you and leah aging backwards? seriously.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Hope everything is going well. Avery and Miles are just growning up so fast! Such beautiful kids!

anna marie said...

You are a beautiful 31 year old.

Amazing Grace said...

well happy belated! and the kids are super cute.. love hearing the stories!

Sarah said...

I love your recaps - always make me smile...especially Avery, what a great time you must have with her.

bhamchick said...

Avery has to be the funniest little girl ever!...and Happy Birthday!

kelly said...

i'm so impressed that you are potty training miles. i really need to get o started. he's ready, i'm just not.

when you get a chance, email me. I have a favor to ask you...

accordingtokelly@gmail.com

Christel said...

Hi Lynn! We finally started a blog. You can view it at johnandchristel.blogspot.com. Happy Birthday!!