Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A gift to the earth.







What is more appropriate than a kid becoming completely potty trained* on Earth Day? It's the only gift a little guy, ahem, "big boy" can really give. No more diapers in the landfill from this dude. I was hoping that he would be trained before we moved into the new house but was thinking this might just be wishful thinking. But the Easter Bunny's gift of the undie megapack helped make a mom's pleas reality. At first he wanted to wear about five at a time - I get it, he was used to the padding- now he will wear one or two at a time and if they have a large character on the rear he insists that it go in the front (he's not the only one). Which looks a little uncomfortable to me. But I'm not complaining as long as he is keeping them dry. He's even amazingly waking up dry in the morning - I'm not going to risk going without a pull-up yet though.
His nursery teacher commented that when she took him potty he told her he wanted to stand on the potty to go. Oops, I guess this is what happens when most of your training happens in a porta-potty (at the lot) and now that it is warming up, I have been encouraging the go pee outside method. Yes neighbors - the Westbrooks are moving in...and marking our territory. (At home he stands on a stool and when we are in a public place I hover him over like an airplane)
Binkless and potty trained - now if we could just get him out of our bed at night...

--

*Who determined he was completely potty trained? Me, his mother. I am accepting accolades for this achievement (on behalf of Miles of course).

8 comments:

JMK said...

Yeah for Miles!! and Samuel! Now if only I could get Samuel to stand. He sits and almost kisses the toilet seat the way he leans over and hugs it. Gross when you're out in a public bathroom. That's what soaps for I guess!!

Sarah said...

OK, no fair. We are STILL potty training. It is taking way too long. My kid is just way too stubborn to be "fully" potty trainined. Grrr....

Erika said...

This is too funny....what I get to look forward to when I start with mine. I think the wearing underwear backwards is hilarious.

bhamchick said...

yeah, seriously I want to know who's smart idea it was to put a picture only on the bum on some underwear...Trent still tries to put it on with the picture in the front. Honestly what's the point of the picture if the kid can't see it!! :) LOL

TOVAR said...

That was the best potty training post I have ever read. It's true that mothers post about such an event. I think that people should be extremely excited about such an event. Tiago has also worn the undies backwards to view McQueen. I am sure the reason for such a design is due to the intricate front area on boy underwear. Lightening McQueen might look a little strange and contorted with the fancy front part.

jen said...

GO LYNN!!! and go miles of course! that is so awesome. alyssa refuses and i don't want to push it, but i can't wait for that glorious day. CONGRATS!

sara said...

i always said your children were advanced!

Pattersons said...

go miles!!! now can you come my way lynn and start training nani? i was hoping to get it done before baby came but no such luck-well, more like no such work on my part:) good job!