Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Recap Continued...


I almost forgot the best part of my month. Valentines weekend! Usually I don't care much for the holiday. Ben and I are not super romantic so we don't worry about exchanging gifts or ordering flowers - although I was hoping for a Shop-Vac this year. And I did get some delicious chocolates via FedEx from my dad. The kids got some cards and treats in the mail too - always fun. But thanks to my mom who made a last minute trip up to see the kids and to Priceline which landed us a sweet deal as always, Ben and I had a getaway to Seattle. It was a quick trip - maybe not as quick as my mom thought it would be - she thought I was joking when I said she could find us at the Sheraton in Bellvue - and that we were only going to dinner. We did go to dinner by the way - a great one. I researched restaurants (Frommer's never fails) near our hotel and we ended up at the Seastar Restaurant where we never got past the appetizers and then skipped to dessert. We had scallops three ways, calamari "poppers" stuffed with spicy ahi, the Super Dave Roll - Scallop, crab, avocado, & tobikko (flying fish eggs) topped with salmon, crab bisque* and then some lovely chocolate caramel dessert with dulce de leche ice cream.

The next day we got a few things done in Seattle for the new house - such a different experience without the kids! We also went to Whole Foods where Ben salivated over the prepared foods and ordered a few different items - gaining him an apprecition of the store. When we got home the next afternoon grandma and the kids were out on the town. Avery came home with some white tulips for me - my mom asked if she thought her dad might get me some flowers to which Avery said "No, he's too shy". So that rounded out a delightful holiday weekend!
-
* When inquiring as to whether he should get a cup or bowl of the soup - the waitress said - well it's pretty rich. To which Ben replied- "well so are we". Poor waitress didn't know how to respond to that one and I couldn't decide if I should laugh at his joke or if that would make us look like jerks or if I should say "no we're not" which would then insult her ability to get a joke. And all I could see while I tried to decide what to do was that ridiculous mustache...

3 comments:

TOVAR said...

Did he twirl that stache when he said "so are we"? I like the too shy concept. Fernando and I are very similar. I think Fernando is a lot more romantic. . .I would have been the shop vac wanter.

sara said...

we did have a good valentine's day...but for some reason i wanted a card. i don't think that is was as much the card as it was the fact that he wouldn't buy me one. i kept saying anything can become a card, a napkin, paper towel, toilet paper, but still no card. now i just have to keep singing to him meatloaf. 'and i would do anything for love, but i won't do that'

jen said...

lynn, this is so funny! i can't believe i missed this post. and for the record i'm not into valentines day either.