Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Washington

Thanks to some encouragement and round-the-clock babysitting services offered by my mom, I made a three-day trip to what is to be our new home in a few months. I really didn't want to go but it did seem to be a good idea and maybe a chance to see a side of Washington that I hadn't before. Well, I did and it was the rainy side. We were there for a few weeks one summer and although the weather was per-fect, we didn't love it so I certainly didn't expect to love the winter. And I didn't. But I did get a chance to visit with old friends that'll become new again and that prospect excites me and I can see the possibility of us enjoying our time there. However, I reserve the right (and intend to exercise it), to complain, make faces and generally hate the idea of moving there - for the next four months. After that I love Washington and will wonder (possibly even aloud), why we didn't move here sooner.

Quick plug for Alaskan Airlines - Thoroughly enjoyed their courteous service, they even welcomed me aboard by name, as if I were a first class passenger...then again, I was travelling without children.

3 comments:

TOVAR said...

Yeah for traveling with no kids. I actually am contemplating the same thing as Fernando feels like I should be responsible for the whole house hunting thing. I am sure that everyone will treat me just a little differently then when I have two kids in tow. Mostly, I expect to be ignored.

Doug and Merrill said...

Thank you for leaving me a reminder on your blog that you're moving. Did you find a new house there? Are you home from your vacation?

amy said...

We on the north coast are excited to welcome the Westbrooks! We'll have to visit more often now that we'll only be like 16 hours (give or take 6) away from each other :)

I admit that Adam and I have fallen in love with Alaska Airlines! Aside from the still free beer and wine, they have a direct flight from Arcata to LA! Love it! Makes going home cheaper and easier. We'll have to utilize the airline, rack up our miles and spend some time together.

Can't wait to hear about where you all settle (for the next few years at least).
Love ya!