Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, October 1, 2007

Like a steel trap...

Our neighbor two doors down, sneezed the other day. Rather loudly, since we heard it inside our house. And Avery said "Was that that girl who was watching me when I threw up on myself and had to take a bath?" What is remarkable about this, even though this event, which did happen the way she remembered, was only six months ago, is that this brief sound instantly triggered a memory and that she associated this sound to a particular person, my friend Dorothy, who does have a unique sneeze, but I didn't make the connection until after Avery mentioned it. But yet with a memory like that, she couldn't remember her name...

3 comments:

alise said...

Just this morning, Connor was coloring ants (in a coloring book). He came upstairs later and asked me what happened to Hunter's ant farm--that he got last Christmas, and only lasted about 2 months. I was wondering what triggered that question--then I realized it was the ants he colored. Weird.

alise said...

but really weird that a sneeze would trigger the "threw up on myself" experience. Must have been significant to her?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that I made an impression on her.