Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, September 14, 2007

It's a Grrrreat Day to be a Trinity Tiger!

I was at our city pool the other day about to swim a couple laps and one of the lifeguards asked me what my cap said. I showed her that it said Trinity and to my surprise she said "That's in San Antonio, right?". Turns out she had swam for a team that competed against us (she graduated a few years after me), but she is one of those insane distance swimmers so I wouldn't know of her anyhow. It's just funny how you cross paths with people some times that have some connection to your past. While I was swimming I was thinking about the good friends made and good times had on the pool deck and traveling around together so I thought I'd post a few memories.



The fabulous Shannon Clower with the fabulous Coach Ryan (who coined the phrase "It's a Great day to Be Trinity Tiger" Call him. It's probably on his his voice mail now.



This is a limited edition Coach Ryan doll (with your choice of three punishing workouts)that Shannon got from me when I was her "secret swimmer".
Me and Bama on the "best" day of my life.

On our wedding day or shortly thereafter, Ben asked me if that (our wedding day) was the best day* of my life. Without pause, I told him second best. Conference finals 2000 was. I wasn't the fastest on our team by a long shot, much less the fastest in our conference. But that day (with the help of an extreme conditioning and tapering program, an awesome mixed tape (we didn't have MP3's back then) and a sisters memory spurring me on)I was the fastest in the 50 free, and beating those girls from Sewanee that were talking smack in the locker room felt real good. All while free and clear of all performance enhancing drugs...okay it wasn't that amazing of a feat. But it was a fun day, and thanks to Ryan Hansen who once said he Googled my name and actually came up with something, I did the same and found the results of that day here.


*not to be confused with best decision of my life

5 comments:

alise said...

sweet memories :)

Terese said...

So cool you are a swimmer. I'll never forget that story of you beating guys in a swim race. Weren't you pregnant at the time too?

kelly said...

that is awesome. i had no idea you were a swimmer! my sil swam at byu too. i'm terrible at swimming. i mean i can do it, but i hate it - so i'm way impressed.

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY forgot all about the Coach Ryan doll - I remember us making that - ah I think I might cry! Those were such good times! Remember when you accidently sent that email to Coach Ryan that was supposed to go to someone else - now that was funny too!!!
Love ya girl

Unknown said...

ok so i'm responding to this blog waay late, but just saw it and it brought back a lot of great memories. i remember cheering for you when you swam the 50. i wanted to cry when you won, i think it was also the best day of my life...lol.