Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday Morning Randomness

So I just tried the Schick Intuition razor...and I may just start shaving again! Is that Ben I hear cheering? I have been waxing almost exclusively for the last ten years (thanks to a dear little Persian roommate who once asked me those very special seven little words "do you want me to wax you?"). I have used it all from Nad's to homemade wax, some good some not so good. I've even been professionally waxed a few times but feel like I can do just as good a job at home as long as I have a bathroom door that locks (kids and hot wax do not mix).

Honestly, I thought by this point my hair would have gotten the picture and stopped growing, and it is finer to a degree, but the problem with waxing is that you have to grow the hair out to a certain length to grasp it and even 1/4 inch isn't pretty. In the past I have usually only noticed (or cared) in the summer or at church when I look at my legs and compare them to the bald beauties around them (honestly, how does 90% of the female population maintain such smoothness? I'm so jealous) but at that point it's too late and I might as well go another week before I do anything about it. But now that I need to be beach ready at every moment, something has got to change. Which is why I am so glad I tried this razor (which I got for Christmas last year from gma Maggie...wait, was that an attempted intervention?! Very sneaky to give Britt the same thing even though she falls into the aforementioned 90%). So I wasn't loving the buky design and I despise their commercials (but who watches commercials anymore, that is sooo 2005) nonetheless, it is glorious to use. No shaving cream (which sometimes I like to use even when I'm not shaving cause I like the smell. Sorry Ben, now you know why yours always runs out so quickly-and for the record I do NOT like the new kind you are using) required, so I love the simplicity and ease of use. It comes with a handy suction-cup holder thingy to keep it away from tiny fingers. And the blades are super sharp (or maybe that's just compared to my pink Daisy razor that I've been using for the last year...those are disposable, what?!). So I've only used it once, but it has my whole-hearted recommendation. I'll let you know when I use it again next week.

In other news...Ben and I gave talks in church yesterday. So if anyone is asked to speak on patience or integrity in the future we'll sell them to you cheap. (I really do want to start a talk swap since I was able to piggyback a talk off of Sara's sisters topic a few months back and it made it way less painful)

As usual, we both made jokes that people didn't find funny, didn't get or didn't hear (excuse me bishop, is this mic on?). At least there was no audible laughter but it's not like you can really scan the crowd after you say something that you thought was funny to see if anyone got it. One joke that Ben made was "When we were given the topics to speak on, it was an easy decision who would speak on what, because if i spoke on patience you might see, for the first time, someone burst into flames at the pulpit" Of course I laughed. I love his jokes and I laugh at all of them. Which is the reason, as Kit says, that Ben married me. My jokes were more along the lines of the usual spouse-depreciating flavor. "I thought that I had better be the one to give a brief introduction on our family, to save Ben the embarrassment of not knowing how old are children are", for example. In a nutshell, I spoke on patience with others, ourselves and with God and Ben spoke on integrity as a symbol of our religion. We survived. And now we can rest easy until we are moving and are asked to give the obligate "we'd better use them one last time" farewell talk.

And lastly, somebody warn McKay : Man dies after 3-day gaming binge

3 comments:

sara said...

my favorite part about your blog is picturing you writing these entries late at night, giggling to yourself the whole time. he he he. thanks for making me smile.

April said...

Lynn,
You are a champion. I just wanted to let you know that this is one more reason why you should move to the Woodlands (when Ben is ready for private practice...), it took the Ward 6 months to issue us callings, at least that long to read in our records and according to legend you can come and go without ever being asked to give a talk! Yipee. I'm probably doomed for having put that in writing.

TOVAR said...

I love giving talks in church. You look out over the audience and more then half are looking everywhere else except the pulpit. Several men and a few women are dozing (making it better when they compliment you on your talk). The few people that are paying attention are straining to follow the train of thought that may at any moment crash. Then after you get a few seconds you wonder what your family looks like from up there.