Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, July 11, 2011

School's Out for the Summer!


I love watching for Avery as she comes down the drive after getting off of the school bus. Sometimes she sprints home, backpack bouncing. Often she dilly-dallies and takes it all in, many times talking to herself or singing. Always fun to watch.

The last day of school I expected a cheerful dash to the front door but what I saw was a newly graduated first grader sobbing...sob-bing... as she made her way home. I dashed down from my usual vantage point on the second story and greeted her on the driveway. I thought something bad had happened on the bus or that she was injured. Nope. Her heart was just broken that another school year was over. She mourned moving on from her teacher, the 10 week break from her friends and bus-rides, not a bit consoled by the fact that she could now sleep-in and stay up late(r).
This guy is not sad to have her home for the summer.

1 comment:

JMK said...

How sweet! Isn't it fun to see them loving school so much! I'm enjoying it while it lasts :).