Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dear Washington -

I want to like living here, I really do. But when it's mid-June and every day on the 10-day forecast mentions clouds or showers, it's kinda hard. You are robbing me of multiple opportunities. Namely the chance for my garden to flourish and for me to get my kids out of the house for hours on end. I do not appreciate this.

I know the sun comes up before 5am because it gets light, but I can't see it or feel it's warmth for your clouds are getting in the way. I don't even care if that sun comes through the window and blinds me in the morning that early. Seriously, BRING IT ON. My mom says "well California has June gloom" and I think, oh, just rub it in. 'Cause we have November, December, January, February, March, April, May AND June gloom. I am wearing a jacket inside and it's JUNE! I'm already mad that I had to turn my heater on in May.

Maybe you're just giving me a chance to get back in shape cause you saw me at the pool Saturday and decided that I am not ready for swimsuit season. But I will be the judge of that. And by the way one sunny day every 3 weeks or so does not win you any points. It just confuses people.

I'm so upset that I can't even catch up on my blogging that I want to do. My kids are doing the most DARLING things and no one is going to know about it because of you. Sometimes my baby cries for what seems like no reason, but I know it's just because he is sad about the weather. I also blame you for the argument Ben and I had last night. He can't help it if all of those clouds are making him inconsiderate. It's probably even your fault that the Lakers couldn't close it out in four (which also ruins my life by extending basketball season). Anyway, just so you know - when you do decide to let us have those 17 hour of sunshine days - I won't be forgiving you. Not this time.

Oh, and P.S. - I heard Mt. Rainer is really pissed off at you too. If it's even still there.

11 comments:

Andy and Yolanda said...

Lynn, I know how you feel... I really wanted to love living in Texas and I know the weather there doesn't compare to up there but it's hard. I'm sending you sunshine and warmth via vibes...

Sarah said...

Well said, my dear. I'm no dummy either when the nice weather rolls around. This climate is not for me. The only place worse would be Alaska, and I told Gavin he'll be going on his own if we get sent there.

Ruby in the Rough said...

Yep. I agree.

You are hilarious. :-)

amy said...

I'm right there with you babe! Welcome to the pasty look year-round. Just think how the garden will flourish with all that water in the ground, once it does get sunny. Hope you are feeling well otherwise. Ahem... I'm in need of Cruz updates, photos please :-)
Love ya!

Ashley Locke said...

Oh man I hear ya Lynn!!! We have the same stupid stuff going on here! Highs in the 50's and rain daily!!!

TOVAR said...

Ditto to Andy and Yolanda. With that said, I can't complain about the ability to play outside even if we have to slather up on sunscreen and take the chance of cancer later in life. I am sure that Cruz is crying because of the weather.

JMK said...

I feel for you Lynn. I turned my heater on last week! What a difference to get those kiddos outside. I hope you get warmth soon. We'll be in TX in a few weeks and I may be missing the 9 months of cold --- nah,I doubt it.

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

You have to be one of the funniest people I know!! So witty... love it! Oh and that isn't fun. Wish we would come visit and cheer ya up! Maybe I should write a Dear Bar blog entry... I have parallel feelings! :)

sara said...

just remember to tap it lightly and keep the sunny side up.

jen said...

time for a vacation! that would drive me mad too, hope you have some sunny days ahead!

Erick & Norma said...

I'll stop complaining about our June gloom, it's nothing compared to what you describe. Hang in there! You should go to a tanning salon, I heard that's a good behavioral intervention that some therapists use when their patients suffer from Seasonal Affect Disorder...not that you are, but it might help lift your spirits. It'd be worth a try, right?