Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cruz and Miles

Miles has really stepped up to the plate as far as being a big brother. Not so much in how he helps with the baby - he asks to hold him and then 10 seconds later says something like "help! the baby is making me hot" or "someone get him he is going to fro up".

I had Miles "watch" him while I took a quick shower - Cruz was asleep on the bed next to Miles and Miles was watching a cartoon. When I got out the baby hadn't even stirred but Miles asked if I was done and said good, cause he was tired of watching him. So anyway, back to how he is being helpful. He doesn't ask me to hold him or carry him when we are out and about, he goes to the bathroom by himself (this was a major source of contention prior to the baby because Miles would whine that he needed help going pee when he can reach the bowl on his own) and he goes to sleep in his own bed (although we sometimes get a surprise early morning visit - which I've never minded. I'm sure it helps that Miles is almost 3 1/2 so he doesn't feel threatened by this needy newcomer. And it hasn't even been two weeks so jealousy could be in our future, but so far so good (I'm sure having dad and grandma around and extra play time with friends hasn't hurt the situation either).

He's still trying to come up with names for Cruz. I guess he doesn't know the polls are closed. He makes up lullabyes to sing him that are really sweet. He looks really really pale next to him. And they share a dimpled chin and cheek but so far that's where the physical similarities end.




My favorite thing Miles has said about the baby is that he smells like fruit... I asked him if he thought the baby was eating fruit to which he made chomping noises and said said yep he chomped it with his "pink teeth". Which you can see from the picture below is exactly what he has.

The first day he saw Cruz he said "look dad he showed us his none-teeth" when the baby yawned. He has since learned that those none/pink teeth are called gums - but Miles refers to them as "guns".

10 comments:

m.m. said...

those pictures are absolutely adorable! i love baby cruz!

Erick & Norma said...

Love all the updates, thanks for sharing...BUT, what about "Cruz and his mom"? I hope that post is coming soon...no pressure :)

Pattersons said...

cute cute! nani was exact same way with luana-wanted to be by her, hold her but as soon as she cried it was "mom hurry up! baby's crying-get her!" so nice to have good help these days.

JMK said...

"none-teeth" oh my gosh, that is so funny. Adorable brothers!

TOVAR said...

I personally loved the "fro up" and the limited commitment to cuddling the baby. That's how my kids were. They look so fun from a distance, but when you have to actually hold it . . .that's another thing entirely.

TOVAR said...

I personally loved the "fro up" and the limited commitment to cuddling the baby. That's how my kids were. They look so fun from a distance, but when you have to actually hold it . . .that's another thing entirely.

jen said...

too cute! isn't is better than you imagined...or are you leaving out the bad? alyssa was and IS still great with Charlotte. she hasn't show any jealousy, just boredom at times. the spacing is perfect.

kdw said...

Oh my word those Bjork babies you make Lynn are so beautiful! ALMOST makes me want one more ;-)

Congrats again! I am in awe that you're posting anything at all so soon. Super Woman!

sara said...

i love him! i love the name! i wish i could hug and kiss him right now!

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Big brothers are the best! Just wait until Miles starts being protective of Cruz. It's great knowing the little one has a "protector" watching out for him.