Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gymnastics Apology

Another reason why we aren't doing gymnastics this session...



We weren't kicked out but we did have an incident one day where she was squirrling around with a boy she recognized from church. The teacher didn't appreciate it and she especially didn't appreciate it when she asked them to stop and Miss Avery G. told her "don't look at me that way" - in a cartoon voice (I had her recount the story to me in the car after she got a swat and a talking to)- but rude nevertheless. I could come up with a million excuses for my kid and in that moment you want to because it is sooo embarrassing, but it had to become a teaching opportunity both for me and her. I'm glad it happened now instead of at school where she could get off on the wrong foot and have to live with it all year. It was good for me so that I can be prepared to listen and support her teacher instead of going on the defense - which is what I wanted to do. So after her corporal punishment in a private bathroom stall (don't call the authorities - it was two quick spanks) she wrote the above apology and was a lot better in the remaining classes.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

She writes amazingly well for just turning 5!

My child will be like that too - I can just feel it.

Erika said...

I'm impressed with the writing and she hasn't even started school!

Not sure if mine will be say anything to the teacher, but I can imagine the dirty looks he will give when he thinks he's right...for now they're just the drop myself in the middle of the street and not move tantrums.

Jennie said...

Benjamin got one of those on the bare bum getting out of the bathtub, or getting removed from the bathtub last week. He didn't cry, it didnt' hurt, and I didn't make it hurt, but he did proceed to swat at me three or four times. I guess he thought that was how it worked. I love Avery's spunk.

TOVAR said...

I had to apologize once for not listening and sassing in gymnastics, but I was in middle school and way too old to be so impolite. Cute note.

alise said...

I spanked Connor the other day...and oh, did he deserve it.