Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, September 26, 2008

A princess gets her crown(s).

Due to neglect on her parents part, ultra-thin primary tooth enamel, lack of fluoride in the water, genetics and a love for all things chocolaty and candy coated, A. now has the makings of what is sure to be a fine looking grill someday.


Although she wasn't too keen on the tools they were using (note to dentist - they still hurt even when your assistants give them cutesy names) she is actually quite proud of her silver teeth. Although her mother is slightly embarrassed that her daughter now looks like a kid from the Ozarks who sipped soda through their bottle as a baby (must be those Missouri roots in us), she is proud to show them to anyone she meets. Especially adults who might have a silver tooth or two of their own - i.e. the checker at Walgreens, whom I'm pretty sure had diamonds in hers. I guess we'll have to ask for the fancy ones next time.


There will not be a next time.


However, I am kinda glad that until they fall out we don't have to spend all that much time brushing those silver beauties.





9 comments:

Sarah said...

She's adorable. I hope she gives me the show and tell too. And yeah--huge perk not to have to worry about brushing those babies anymore. You can focus on the other 20-something teeth.

xóchitl said...

oh my gosh lynn! i got your link from sara's, which i got from chelsey's... you know how it goes.
we were able to meet up with all the westbrooks minus you guys while we were in california this summer. i'm so sad i didn't get to see you.
i'm going to peruse through your blog and catch up.

Unknown said...

So funny. My nephew also has many silver teeth, maybe it's the new cool thing for kids!

JMK said...

As I was reading I thought, "oh my gosh, silver front teeth" and then the pictures made me feel so much better!! I'm jealous you don't have to brush those back teeth anymore!

April said...

Sweet! Now you'll have Ben rethinking that ENT thing...is it too late for dentistry? We'll be needing on in our family too!

Lisa said...

My kids have had several cavities filled already! They would probably LOVE the silver teeth. Congrats on being home builders (I know that was several posts ago:)). Are you guys building anywhere near Sarah?

sara said...

instead of taking my kids to the dentist, i just bought a bottle of smart rinse. the commercial said it would get all the bugs you missed when brushing. if it doesn't work, i'm suing for false advertising.

Tami said...

My nephew has a few silver teeth and Porter thinks they are the coolest thing ever. Avery is one lucky girl in his books.

Paola said...

Avery is so cute that she makes having silver teeth cool, and even adorable!