Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tap tap tapping along.

I had already started documenting some of the outfits that miss A. likes to...no, insists on wearing in public but today just killed me. Being very independent and surprisingly helpful Avery has started getting herself in the car ready to go when she knows we are going somewhere. Sometimes she does so prematurely and has had to wait anywhere from 15-45 minutes, which is fine (we don't have sweltering heat here and she leaves the door open) except that I can't sign off on what she is wearing. Take today for example. We get to our first stop of the day, claims office at Schofield Barracks, and I hear a familiar click click click behind me and notice that it is not her black Sunday shoes but her tap shoes (or my tap shoes rather...from when I was her age) that she is wearing. This doesn't bother me, even when people are snickering, except that she can't even keep these on for a 30 minute tap class without complaining and I know we have a full days worth of errands and no other shoes in the car. Surprisingly, she makes it through a 3 hour wait at the VW dealer (for an oil change, that I had an appointment for, but that's a whole 'nother diatribe), a doctors appointment and dinner with dad. Here is a sampling of some of her oufits and shoe choices.

























She also likes to dress her animal companions. This
one, she said, is going to soccer practice.


3 comments:

alise said...

I love that cow! She has amazing taste. :)

alise said...

Wow...that didn't come out well!! hahaha. The stuffed animal cow of course--and Avery has amazing taste. She is growing up so fast!!! Is it true you guys are coming for an entire month in January?! Can't wait.

sara said...

she's just a forward thinker. she'll be in style in about ten years. and we will all be dressed like her. love the cow. love it.