Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

How do you know...

If a mechanic has actually done all the work on your car that you have paid for? I left the VW dealer $1400 poorer today and my car still runs the same as it did yesterday when I took it in for the oil change, ahem, 5000K service (they can charge more when it's called that), which is fine. What does this sum get you? New rear brakes, brake fluid flush, a valve gasket made of CORK and oh yeah, oil and filter.

When I asked to see the old, supposedly leaky gaskets, they had already been thrown in the big trash bin so what am I supposed to do except trust that they needed replacement.

They didn't even vacuum my car.

1 comment:

alise said...

I HATE when something goes wrong with our car(s)--I feel the same way...I know Nathan's car is old, but it seems like whenever we take it in, we get it back with it making some unidentifiable noise. Makes me wish I had, or want to take an auto shop class. I know we got seriously ripped off at Banning Muffler (years and years ago, but I am still bitter)...hopefully Nate has talked Mart out of getting anything fixed there, they're crooks!!! It's hard, but you gotta find someone you can trust. We found a hole in the wall place in Santa Ana that totally hooked Nate up when he rebuilt JYY. They showed him everything, and thoroughly explained everything, and they charged us reasonably. Now we have some coupon for Big O. I don't like them.