Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, August 31, 2007

You Can Run But You Can't Hide...





Check, and check. It's not exactly the way I had imagined it would happen, but there is still time for me to inadvertently run into Duane "Dog" Chapman while I'm out and about and while he's roaming the streets, fighting the war against ice, but for now catching a glimpse of his weathered skin in person at the local Borders will have to do.

We heard he would be coming to promote his new book You Can Run but You Can't Hide so we loaded up and went to the mall to see him. The four of us, along with the entire East side of Oahu that is.






But we were not disappointed as everyone was there...


Dog himself


















Beth and the girls...









Both of them.

I was hoping Leland and Tim would be there. I guess someone has to be keeping the streets safe though. Before we left the house I was familiarizing Avery with the superheros we were about to meet and when we got there she asked "where are the straight guys?" And I thought to myself, how does she know their sexual preference, but quickly figured it out when she said "well, there is the fat lady who is gonna have a baby (Beth, not pregnant, unless she is carrying awfully high and having twins) but where are the straight guys?" To clarify I asked her "am I fat or straight?" and she said "you used to be fat but now you are straight". So there you go. And bless her heart for moving me into the latter category.



A few more pictures and then this chapter is closed.








This last one is of Dog saying "Noooo" to a girl who was telling him that her uncle Curtis had been in prison with him back in the day. He wrote Curtis a special message in her book. I bet Curtis wishes he had a TV show.





5 comments:

alise said...

Nathan has mullet envy. I'm thinking of changing my hairstyle--and a mullet just might compliment my roundish face . . . (walk away from the computer . . . just walk away)

Unknown said...

Dave's SO jealous! He said he would love to meet the Dog!

Lynn said...

Alise - It's especially nice because it's a crimped, balding mullet. Not just anyone can pull that off.

Chels- He has a few more book signings next month if you want to come out. Otherwise we'll just take you to Da Kine Bail Bonds when you do make it.

Terese said...

I love this post! I'm glad you're straight now according to Avery. I bet you get tense when you catch her noticing a "pregnant" lady! Noah has been noticing little people and asks loudly why they are SQUISHED!

Heidi said...

Dude I love the dog, so jealous! I love a man that can kick some ass a then have a good heart to heart...