Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween from Misty May and friends

 For the troops of course!


 Fighter Pilot

 Pirate 
(although now I'm thinking that he may have said he wanted to be a Pilot also, but he doesn't pronounce his L's that well.  Arrrr-gh.)

 80's Popstar.  Like totally.

 I did a similar outfit when I was about her age, but I can't find the picture to do a split screen, so here is an 80's popstar with her mother who can't let go of the past. 


This is the scene BEFORE we even got to our first neighborhood to Trick'r Treat.  4:08pm. Yikes.


 Time to wrap it up.  8:15pm.



Important question - what do you do with all that junk? (Obviously junk does not refer to peanut m&m's, junior mints, reeses, kit kat and twix, (i will take care of those thank you))  Any suggestions?  Do you let them gorge themselves until they are sick of it and hope it teaches them a lesson, or do you let them have one piece a day until next spring?  See Halloween poll.

* I just found a great option for the candy question, and an idea that is totally endorsed by Misty May herself: send the candy to the troops.  Some dentists are even collecting candy and shipping it.  To find a local drop off point near you go here.


5 comments:

m.m. said...

GO DODGERS!!!

The costume looks fab :) (and I love Cruz's pirate face in the group shot)

JMK said...

Love your costume! Y'all look great!
As for candy at our house, no rules. It ends up being eaten by their mom, me! It's not good. I'm thinking of buying it from them and throwing it away so I don't gain 10 pounds between now and Thanksgiving! I'll check with my Dentist, thanks!!

Glad my kids arent the only ones dumping candy out everywhere. I was stepping on Nerds all night!

TD said...

I got this idea from a blog...
Leave your bag of candy outside the front door, and the Great Pumpkin collects and leaves a gift!
We did this last night and it worked like a dream. I let them chose and all three girls left their candy in bags on the front steps before going to bed. (I did let them pick 5 pieces out to keep). In the morning the Great Pumpkin left them a gift.
No candy. But, i am stuck with glitter hairspray, fairy dust, and nail polish...none have weight gain for side effects so i guess it's a win....

TOVAR said...

Cute 80's look. Our school did the whole send the candy to the troops. Good thing too.

Wilde ones said...

Love the costumes - especially misty and Kerri!