Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, June 1, 2012

May Recap

Phew, we survived May!  I'm not complaining, but it turned out to be way busier than I had envisioned, in the best kind of way - the traveling kind.  In other words I have been price-lining all over North America and unincorperated U.S. territories.  Ben and I escaped to Puerto Rico for a few days, which I highly recommend and will expound upon later.  Then a 4 day work/school holiday and no plans ended with us headed north to Canada (lest you think us un-American, we did make it back for Memorial Day).  My sister came to visit at the beginning of the month then my mom came to watch the kids so that we could pretend that we didn't have any.  Somewhere in there I made a whirlwind trip to Texas to visit with my former employers (at least I'm pretty sure this wasn't a dream and actually occurred, it was so quick)(and I'm not sure that they consider themselves to be my former employers, and I'm not sure that I didn't just pick up a second job). So, 3 red-eye flights and one semi-long road-trip later, here we are...in June (looks like March).

Ben - Turned 33.

Avery - Is now entering her third month with two front teeth so loose they have just gone ahead and died.  I wish they would go ahead and fall out already, either that or she's going to have to start some trend involving grey teeth.

Of other importance, Avery wants to know if she can have a quinceañera .  I told her sure, if she becomes fluent in Spanish.  So she has started getting lessons from her school friends at recess.

Miles - Learned how to really truly swim, a welcome graduation from a nerve-wracking doggie-paddle.  He learned when the hotel in Whistler had an awesome indoor waterslide .

Cruz - Everything bad he was doing last month...he's still doing (in the most adorable, heart squeezing way).

Me - I think I mentioned enough in the intro.  (and for the record, if I make it back to San Antonio for longer than 36 hours, I will visit the friends and family I have there!)

3 comments:

TOVAR said...

Lynn. . .I am pretty sure you have the most interesting life I know. I am excited to hear about Puerto Rico. Tell Avery that she can enjoy a quinceañera since Mia is having one too probably. At least Avery has bronze skin tones!

JMK said...

Yes, you better tell us next time you're here.

JMK said...

Oh and will you plan a pricelone trip for me and Todd and go ahead and send your mom here too!! :)