Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?

The Force is strong in our house these days*.

As I type, the omnipresent hum of a light saber indicates that some Jedis are near, or are those Ewoks...

Darth Vader is a frequent dinner guest. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

The dark side has been known to compel Cruz to create messes...

And stickers on the wood floors have been known to summon my dark side...
He's still studying to decide which side to join.

Miles on the other hand, has made his choice, and is absolutely sure that he has fought the real Darth Vader when participating in the Jedi Training Academy at Disneyland. I'm not so sure that he is wrong. The dude was like 7 ft tall. But Miles took it to him. Avery methodically sparred with Darth Maul, and then my camera ran out of battery.






His love of a galaxy far far away has inspired him to learn this as well:



So it looks like for the next little while I am going to have to get used to picking up teeny tiny light sabers and dodging large ones, and George Lucas can just sit back and enjoy the residuals.



--


*And despite the fact that I had Star Wars themed checks in High School, I'm not even sure what the Force refers to, or if it is good or bad, or both. The check decision must have been an attempt to impress the boys...

6 comments:

Jeff said...

that was awesome! i hope my kids will some day fight the dark side with such zeal

JMK said...

Love it!! Stickes, those darn things go everywhere they shouldn't. Just peeled them off a dresser last week!

Ruby in the Rough said...

I love that Miles boy! His sparring was rockin'! He's pretty good with the piano, too!

Nancy said...

Love it!

Erick & Norma said...

I was playing the video of Miles playing the piano and Erick not knowing what I was looking at says "are you listening to the star wars theme?" he loved it when he found out that was Miles rocking the tune. Last time we were at Disneyland I think Erick secretly wanted to participate in the Jedi Training program :-) I guess Mateo will have to fulfill that dream for him! haha!

sara said...

seriously. a musical genius!