Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Recap

Is it just me or did February seem extra long this month? (haha) I'm sure that we all used our extra day wisely!

February and it's presidential holidays took us unexpectedly to Arizona, via California. We had been planning a family road trip to Canada as Ben and Avery both had four day weekends, but then at the last minute Ben was told he was supposed to attend a course in Arizona over the holiday. I get left at home by myself plenty, so I invited myself along. Of course my research indicated that it would be more affordable to fly to California and drive, so we squeezed in some family time and beach time as well!

Ben - Learned a lot about progressive sinus surgery and treatments. Enjoyed being a guest in his own home this month, before he has to move out again. Luckily, all of his possessions fit in a 2'x3' box.


The Kids: Well, unfortunately a dog followed us home when the boys and I were out for a bike ride (or in Cruz's case, a bike push). They named him Furball, then Oreo, and we had him for one night, actually he slept at our neighbors because the girl next door couldn't fathom that I was going to make him sleep in the garage. The next day when I went back to where he had followed us from there were signs posted. I got Avery out of school at lunchtime so that she could say goodbye. Turns out a family with four boys had been praying for his safe return. Glad we could help.

Me: Got invited to play on a co-ed soccer team that was short female players. I never turn down an opportunity to get out of the house or burn calories (especially when it doesn't involve lugging a toddler up stairs or hand washing wood floors) so I went. I haven't played soccer in 15 years!! (sorry I have to ponder this for a moment...) anyway, it was a super fabulous sunny day, I played defense which is preferred, we won and I was sore for 4 days after...like infirm.

I also started getting up twice a week when Ben does. It gives me about five extra hours to get stuff done with soundly sleeping children. It also gives me empathy for Ben's exhaustion.

2 comments:

m.m. said...

sad for you to have ben gone again, but happy for us because we'll get to see you more! when does he come up? john is monitoring a booth at the Pacific Science Center on 3/31 and 4/1. i think we should all go and heckle.

JMK said...

So how much longer is this residency? Where's Ben keep going? Soccer team sounds fun!!