Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, January 6, 2012

10.5















In honor of our tenth anniversary (back in July)I have compiled a new cd commemorating the occasion. A volume two to our wedding album*. On this one** the songs either are personal favorites, inside jokes or have artists that hail from one of the six states we have lived in (plus a Canadian or two for good measure) or are just great songs of love. If you want one, let me know and I will mail it to you (that's one of the perks of having only a handful of people follow your blog :))















I guess now I can start working on the next decade's volume. If we don't make it, I have a great break-up disc ready (thank you Adele).



*Original Wedding Album:

You're Mine - Richie Valens
Surfer Girl - Beach Boys
By Your Side - Sade
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
Thank You - Dido
Happy Together - Turtles
Rapture - Anita Baker
Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra/Bono
Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
All My Life - KC and JoJo
Chapel of Love - Dixie Cups
All My Lovin - Beatles
Wifey - Next
Wouldn't it be Nice - Beach Boys
Glory of Love - Chicago
Meet Me at the Alter - Jagged Edge
Forever & Ever Amen - Randy Travis
Being Around - Lemonheads
Dyer Maker - Led Zepplin
Guantanamera - Celia Cruz
Poison - Bel Biv Devoe (Lovingly dedicated to Ryan Westbrook)
Sonata in D - Handel


** Anniversary Album:

Better Together - Jack Johnson
U Smile :) – Justin Bieber
Henehene Kou’Aka - Israel Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole
Would You Go With Me – Josh Turner
Love, Love, Love – Unwritten Law
The Luckiest – Ben Folds
Satellite – Eddie Vedder
Lucky – Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
You & I – Michael Buble
We Close our Eyes – Oingo Boingo
Need You Around – Smoking Popes
I Have a Date - The Vandals
Drop Baby Drop - Sean Na'auao
A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow – Mitch & Mickey
You are the Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
Psycho Killer – Talking Heads
Our Love is Here to Stay – Blossom Dearie
Baby – Neon Trees
Fort – Recess Monkeys
Beloved One – Ben Harper
Baby – Neon Trees
Our Love is Here to Stay – Blossom Dearie
Liebestraum - Liszt



7 comments:

Nancy said...

Would love volume two!

amy Woolace said...

I second Nancy. Our Westbrook collection is incomplete without it :-)
And congratulation to you and Ben (and the 3 kiddos). I remember your wedding day, the pizza, cookies and smiling faces, beautiful bride and handsome husband. You and Ben have created a beautiful life for your family and that makes me happy (and kinda teary). Love you tons!!!

Dorothy said...

I have the original wedding volume and I would really like the second one. Congratulations late. Love you.Aunt Dorothy

Dorothy said...

I have the original wedding volume and I would really like the second one. Congratulations late. Love you.Aunt Dorothy

Ashley Locke said...

Lynn I don't have either!!! I would LOVE to have both!!!!!

Ashley Locke said...

We moved. :) Email me if you need our new address!!

TOVAR said...

Liszt? Happy Anniversary!