Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fisherwoman.

The kids got to participate in a local kids fish-in. Well, Avery did, Miles has to wait until next year. But he fulfilled his usual role as chief go-fer and in this case fish holder for her royal highness. I had thought that Ben had the day off and that he would enjoy this outing with the kid. But he didn't and I had the pleasure.



The kids lined up and guess who caught the first trout of the session... (powerbait is a-mazing)






Then she promptly caught another... her limit for the day.




Before the event, she was ambivalent about fishing. I thought that she could just pass the pole on to Miles, but after a few bites she was hooked! (heehee) When I asked her if she wanted to give Miles her pole now, she said "No way. I'm taking this thing to the grave". And she named it - Sara, or Melissa, or Zoe...she keeps changing her mind, but it is definately a she.




Avery gets her love of fishing from both sides of the family (although in mine it's allure has been lost on the last few generations) but one thing my side does differently than Ben's...we eat our catch.





(I cooked it up and it was good, but so many teeny bones. I was worried that the kids would choke on them so I swapped their servings out with some boneless Tilapia:))



Note: Ben took the kids out on another occasion and they weren't having great luck off of the dock fishing with worms. Ben went to load the boys up and Avery said she knew where to go so she took her worms and ran off. By the time Ben had the car pulled around she had one on the line. And another after that. I can't cast to save my life so I am very impressed by her. I'm already making plans to move to Colorado so she can be a flyfishing guide.

1 comment:

JMK said...

See you in CO one day!