Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chicago Architecture

I checked out Chicago primarily by running the city streets. A good way to counteract all of the eating we did I guess. I was reading the book Devil in the White City, which is about Chicago during the 1930's world fair. I was hoping to see more architecture that related to the book, but had I finished it while I was there I would have learned that much of it burned to the ground. I did get a sense of some of the great architectural history of the place though, the Palmer House among others that have withstood the flames, wrecking balls and time. Before Donald Trump came to town. Trump Tower



Carbon and Carbide Building



Buckingham Fountain






I don't know what this thing is (a jellybean? a red blood cell?) but it sure is fun to take pictures of.











The faces change (and move - it's video rather than photograph) on this urban art which features local citizens. And occasionally water comes out of their mouth.





Wrigley Building (I think) with Trump Tower in background.




Dunno.

1 comment:

Tarah said...

Theres a I think Sony building in Chicago that I thought was really cool as I had previously seen a similar building in Berlin. Also some really cool churches (in both places).