Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, September 17, 2010

It's mutton bustin' time.

Miles and I made our second annual trip to the fair this week. We had some important business to take care of.

There were goats to pet.
Corndogs to eat.
Horses to see. (We saw a horse named Miles)
(And a horse named Ben)

Giant pumpkins.


And mutton to bust.


Miles has been waiting a whole year to participate (yes, they allow two year olds to ride). Last year we got there too late for the sign up. But not this year.

The local news was there. If I had known, I would have done something with myself. (I was going to say with my hair, but pretty much an overhaul was in order.)

You can come over and watch the news segment on my DVR. Or you can just watch it HERE.


He made it about half way which was pretty darn good. He said that next year he wants to make it all the way.




Baaaa.


9 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome. My kids are even impressed. Did Avery do it?

TOVAR said...

I could imagine that being really a big hit here in TX!

TD said...

i laughed so hard watching that clip. totally awesome. the fans, the flag, the commentating! if you go to the fair again give us a call.

April said...

Lynn, all looks so well with your family! If you come to TX at some point, you must send a note! Congrats on all the goodness in life!

xóchitl said...

that mutton's done busted!

i'm in shock because it was so hilarious and because miles is such a stud. i've never heard of this before. my kids will love it.

The McKinstry Family said...

Looks like Miles had a great time. My kids would never brave that :) I love the picture on top, you always have great ones up there.

Kimi said...

Next Year BUDDY!!! Goin for the GOLD :) Nice bustin Miles & I like how you got the horse's behind for Ben ;)

amy said...

This rocks! Miles is totally Rad in my book! I loved the news clip, and Lynn, yes, I spotted you and Cruz. Lovely family outing, hope we can do it with you sometime!
HIgh-5 to Miles - Mutton Buster.

ZooMom said...

Wish we could have been there to play with you!! It's too funny that I too have a picture of a horse's butt with my husband's name over it I took at the fair. And Z did mutton-bustin' when she was just about to turn 4. Glad you guys had fun :-)