Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WiPEOuT - What they didn't show you.

First of all, Brittany "scared little girl" Lyons is not 22 years old as listed (but that would make me only 24ish...), although she could definately pass for it.

What they didn't show this scared little gal doing was successfully negotiating the Smack Wall and garnering the fastest time in the first round of 24. Probably because they were too busy dubbing her screams in. She said you might have noticed that her mouth wasn't moving during some of those. Granted, some were very very real. Did you see the Motivator take her out* (hee hee)? My favorite part was when she was stuck on the things that bumped up and down.

On the second round where she eventually made her exit she said it took over an hour to film it and that at one point they had to stop and give them tips and slow it down so that people would start making it. On TV it looked like she barely attempted that portion but she assured me that she tried at least 6 times and that when you see her bending over standing on the platform, she isn't waiting for a good time to go. She's sucking wind because she just climbed up the ladder yet again.

All in all she knows that you don't go on that show to look good. I know I wouldn't have looked better. Avery on the other hand, has some tips for her aunt and is quite sure that she could navigate the obstacles with ease. So when they have Jr. Wipeout, watch out, I just might sign her up to take her down.



*On the wipeoutphotos.com there are some great frame by frame shots of her. Episode 311 photosA0727-759. They are in the 200-300 photo range.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I did notice she had the fastest time with round 1. I thought the scared little girl was funny. But Lynn, you are only 24 right? And me too! And We're still childless I guess at 24. Man how life was different.

Ashley Locke said...

We noticed all those things as well, the age, the not screams, etc. Although we did wonder about that second part and why she only tried the one time, and figured that they didn't show more. My favorite part was also when she was stuck on the bouncer! :) Good times!

Erick & Norma said...

Erick and I watched...wish she would've gotten more tv time kicking butt and less time getting called a "scared little girl". That's completely ridiculous...no scared little girl (ME!) would even think of going on that show to begin with!

Kimi said...

I watched and thought it was great!!! And yah, right 22 is what I thought as well :)