Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Being Prepared (for Baby).

There's nothing like the smell of burning microfleece in the morning. Actually it was in the evening, but my belly has gotten so large that I can't even cook without the risk of setting fire to myself. At least not on the front burners anyway. I really liked that jacket too.

I've been having contractions about 24 hours apart for the last week. Sometimes more frequently. And while they say Braxton-Hicks don't hurt, they kinda do. I didn't experience them with my other two but they catch you off guard and you kinda can't breathe and I can't tell if they actually are painful or if I am just anticipating what I know for sure to be dreadful and unavoidable.

I hate not knowing exactly when the baby is going to arrive, or exactly how it will go. I spent last week bored out of my mind because I didn't want to schedule anything or do anything in case I went into labor. This week it's the opposite and I would really appreciate it if this guy could wait until next Monday at least to make his appearance because I have lunch plans, parent-teacher conference, taxes to finish filing, seeds to plant, swimming/gymnastics lessons and a ballet to attend (with non-refundable tickets). Then the weather this weekend is supposed to be nice and Ben's on call - although he'd probably be glad to get out of that - but probably even gladder to get out of work on Monday, when it's supposed to rain and be blah. So next week is actually better for me.

6 comments:

Ashley Locke said...

Hehe, I remember that, wanting her to come and having a free week, then the next week is crazy and hoping she doesn't come. I had Braxton-Hicks throughout my pregnancy as well. Although they hurt I did enjoy feeling my stomach and how rock hard it was during them! When I went into labor we were in Walmart and my contractions started out 2 minutes apart and never changed until she came. It was torture. But, good luck with that ;) You'll be fine, and at least you know what you're in for! Can't wait for the news that he's here...and hopefully has a name!!

Heidi said...

You know he'll come for sure this week Lynn! Just think of all the things you'll get out of, its a great excuse..

Andy and Yolanda said...

Good Luck with baby number 3:) Hopefully he'll come on a day t hat is good for you:)

jen said...

it's almost worse now that you know exactly whats coming, huh! all the pre- labor is so confusing and frustrating. it's a good thing you're staying busy to keep your mind occupied...i'm glad you liked the onesies, they're too cute. i wish you well, you'll do awesome!

Unknown said...

Actually... you can avoid the pain. Get an epidural, you'll thank me after :)

Brady, Theresa, & Lily said...

hey!!! Have u had your baby?? I was thinking of you today and I realized that you may have had it and not told anyone! Did u do that?? Well, I'm patiently waiting to hear any news- we love you guys!!!!