Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Anniversaries

Today marks one year for us in the state of Washington. I feel that we have accomplished a lot but so far we have seen very little of the Pacific Northwest. Something I hope to change in the coming years. One year in Washington also means one year since we were living it up in the land of Aloha. For the most part we don't speak of our premature departure from Hawai'i and I'll admit that on more than one occasion I have gotten emotional at the thought of what we left behind (occasions such as an infrequent Washington rainbow or Miss Hawai'i's hula during the Miss America pageant). But being that it is summer and summer in Washington is glorious and the days are long (still a little chilly for my taste) we are excited about the possibilities and the adventures that await us.

Today marks two years since I started the blah blah blog and looking back at some of the earlier posts I am so glad that I have such a fun record of our goings on or at least of my perspective of our goings on. Now I just have to do as intended and get it bound so that all will not be lost should cyberspace implode.

Coincidentally, my first post two years ago recounts events all too similar to those of today. A day that marks eight years of marriage and more than one occasion of forgetfulness. Luckily, it is a marriage that is not weakened by such oversight - oversight which is made up for many times over by daily courtesies, affection and lots of laughs. We're a good team, and I look forward to not celebrating many more anniversaries with him in the future.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You've got to let Ben be a guest writer because between both of your anniversary posts we were highly entertained! You got a great guy, but obviously he got a winner because you can laugh at the forgetful streak. Hannah gave an FHE lesson tonight on forgiveness that I obviously needed because I would not have been near as genial :).