Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Aloha PNX 864


The County of Honolulu Vehicle Licensing Department apparently wants me to get over the idea that maybe I'll have to move back to Hawaii so therefore I should keep my plates, because they aren't taking my calls. Or accepting my written correspondence. I guess they don't want my new address. I even gave them an extra two weeks after my tags expired just in case. Finally, I broke down and applied for WA license plates, trading the rainbow for Mt. Rainer- and upping our collection from different states to six.

On another note, I don't know why I can't keep my car registration and other vehicular matters up-to-date (I take that back - I would never miss an oil change). Last year I was late getting new tags and the year before that I got new ones when we moved to Hawaii but never put the sticker on. I went an entire year with no expiration sticker whatsoever. That same year I also let my license expire - by over two months - which I don't recommend because if your license is expired for more than 40 days you have to take a driving and written test. I found that out the hard way. And to quote the rather scary lady who was in charge of said test "you're lucky I'm going to let you pass, but you won't change your ways anyway". My "ways"? Excuse me, but driving with your knees while applying mascara* takes an extreme amount of skill. She's lucky I don't know how to text.

If I can get away with having expired registration and license without getting in trouble I must not be doing so bad. (For the record the last time I got pulled over was over 10 years ago - which is not perfect - like one of my grandmothers who I think has never been pulled over - but my driving skills are improving with age).


*That's a joke, I would never drive with my knees and apply mascara at the same time.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What?!? Is it bad to drive with your knees? What about while digging for the sippy cup in the bottom of the diaper bag, or trying to jam that ridiculous straw into a CapriSun? Those are legit reasons, right? =)

Linda Bushlow-Rico said...

You gave me so many chuckles today:) You have such a way with words. By the way, inspired by you, Kimi, and one of the tech trainers in the district, I have started by own blog. Drop in at lbushlow.blogspot.com to see my tech training in progress. Love to your family!

colby said...

One day (one, I tell you), after my Utah registration expired, a guard at the main gate caught it and wouldn't let me on post. He told me not to come back until I had updated my registration!

colby said...

One day (one, I tell you), after my Utah registration expired, a guard at the main gate caught it and wouldn't let me on post. He told me not to come back until I had updated my registration!

colby said...

I really don't know how that comment posted twice, and I can't figure out how to delete it! Sorry Lynn. (I guess that's why I don't blog, I so computer illiterate!)

colby said...

Illiterate in more ways that one, it appears. I guess I can't conjugate either!