Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

When is 60 degrees beach weather?

When you were expecting April to be spring like and when you woke up April 1st to snow. And April 2nd, 3rd and 4th to rain, wind and even a smattering of hail. And when your patience with the weather in the Northwest has just started to grow thin.

That makes sunny and 60 glorious. Flipflops, t-shirts and a few hours outside resulted in the pinkness of sunburn (as opposed to the pinkness of cold and wet skin) and warm feelings all around. What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon between Conference sessions than enjoying God's green earth - along with many other sun-starved humans. The kids even put their feet in the water (It's not that warm - I'm not sure if it ever get's that warm). Avery and I enjoyed it so much that we went back for sunset and low tide and were rewarded with the sight of two seals frolicking in the Sound. I now see the wisdom in the incredible length of the summer day here offset by stubby days of winter dreariness. In other words, wake me up when summer comes.

Avery convinced someone to let her walk their poodle.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Of course when I leave WA for a vacay in UT, the blasted sun comes out. Oh well, I think of you every time I notice another patch of as yet unmelted SNOW.

Tami said...

We visited to Honeycutts in FL, and it was cold there too. It wasn't quite in the 70's, yet there were tons of people on the beach in thier swinsuits soaking up the sun (we were some of those people).

Erick & Norma said...

It's in the high 70's here but I'm not bragging :-). If it makes you feel any better, it's supposed to rain here later this week.

Kimi said...

I hear you girl - we've had like two nice 60 degree days so far and of course that means Madi and I bust out the flippy flops but i guess when we continue to wear them when it drops back down to the 30s - people do look at us like we are crazy :)

TOVAR said...

I am sure the poodle owners had no problem saying yes to Avery's sweet face. I can only imagine how she asked. I am freezing in our upper 60 degree weather. It was 72 degrees in our house without any help from ac or heater and I was full on in sweats. I can't believe how fast my blood has thinned.

Merrill Brower said...

Shame on you for not shopping for tile! We're so excited to be moving, and I'm excited to be closer to my family. Yes, Doug's parents are moving/moved. Don was let go from his job at the beginning of the year, and when realizing that we were moving decided that they should move to, to be closer to grand kids (one day...not yet). They still have their house, and Cindie and I are living in it (sans everything, including furniture) while she finds a renter, and I go to school. We're both very anxious to see our husband's again (Don find a job when Doug moved). We're very excited, but you know more than anyone, there's so many things that we're miss! And I wont be able to brag on my blog about the weather, and the scenery anymore. Bummer.

sara said...

i see avery still loves her favorite plaid dress. the other day i was looking at the pictures from hawaii and i just let out a big sigh, i wish i was there right now.

alise said...

Avery, Avery, Avery. That girl. She's a hoot. It's getting warmer and warmer here, of course, it's California. I'm NOT ready for bathing suit season, which technically starts the first of spring...blah, blah, blah