Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Forward!

Tonight is my favorite holiday of them all. (Technically I guess it's two am tomorrow) If they made cards for the occasion (I'm not sure that Hallmark doesn't) I would send one to myself. One more blessed hour of evening for the next 8 months or so in exchange for losing one hour of sleep - gladly. Even if you don't like Pres. George W. Bush for other reasons surely you can appreciate his lengthening of DST by a month.

Pres. Warren G. Harding ,who didn't like the idea of DST, said something to the effect of - "If you want more daylight then get up an hour earlier" Well that's fine, only this girl needs the time to change by government mandate to do so.

I don't know why we we ever "Fall Back". Of course I am very excited for that one day that I get to have one more hour in the day to do whatever I choose - unfortunately I usually squander it by watching an entire episode of SNL. And that hour we get is really just on loan until they take it back in the spring. So I can do without it for the greater good. We did without it in Hawaii and we survived just fine - maybe Pres. Obama with his island roots will institute the change.

5 comments:

JMK said...

I'm excited because morning will come sooner tonight. My kids are all 3 sick and nighttime is just torture! I'm also excited that when Samuel wakes at 5:30am it will already be 6:30am!

Pattersons said...

you and mason must have the same blood because he LOVES this time of year when we "spring forward". to him it means we're just that much closer to life as we know it...with sun and summer:) i also think he was an islander in his former life-or a fish.

Kimi said...

This from lil miss 'I need my 8hrs'!!! I already am counting down the days til I get 'MY' hour back in the fall. This kiddo needs all the help she can get from that hour for my beauty sleep :)

sara said...

trey lives his life by his internal clock, but when he woke up an hour later and didn't have his time in the morning when he has the house to himself to eat breakfast and watch tv alone he was really upset. he got out of the shower and yelled "curse you daylight savings!"

amy Woolace said...

Hey springy - will you please invite me to your house blog through my new email account, amywoolace@gmail.com
Thanks!
great to see your Mom and Grandparents last week! That was really fun to see them, and chat for a minute. Wish I had more time to visit with them, but Doris wasn't kidding when she said she invited 100 people. *hectic*
love ya!