Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Return Road Trip


Ben flew back because as he likes to say "someone has to work" and I got to continue my vacation in Calif. for an extra week. Originally the kids and I were going to fly back on the 7th because the kids are starting gymnastics so with a probably 3 day drive ahead of us we had to cut our trip short. Unfortunately we couldn't get reimbursed for our return trip (Alaskan Airlines did refund our cancelled flight) because we were on a different airline and it wasn't their fault we had to drive. Luckily our flights were only $76 a piece, and after the $50 per person change fee we are left with a whopping $78 credit on Jet Blue and a long drive home.











Fortunately, my mom was willing to travel back with us and we decided to make as much of a vacation of it as possible. We hit up Napa and the Redwoods (my moms old collegiate stomping grounds and current home of Amy T. - soon to be Amy W.). We saw Amy, saw some big trees, beautiful scenery, and had some delicious milkshakes along the way.


My mom drove the entire time. She says it's because I'm not old enough. It allowed me to finish Volume 4 of The Work and the Glory so it worked out for me. But the drive was long. Seemed longer than the way down. Must have been because it was uphill this time. ;)









My mom drove the entire time. She says it's because I'm not old enough. It allowed me to finish Volume 4 of The Work and the Glory so it worked out for me. But the drive was long. Seemed longer than the way down. Must have been because it was uphill this time.

(happy to be out of the car!!)

2 comments:

Erick & Norma said...

I was just telling Erick the other night "we need to go on a road trip", this makes me want to go on one even more...

sara said...

okay you can't blast me with 13 new posts all at once. your trip back looks awesome! i want more details on the trees i want to take my kids there. as always it was great to see you i wish we lived closer.