Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Aloha from Sunny California.

It's way too sunny here, in fact the darn sun has caused multiple 100+ F days since we have been here. I was hoping for some warm weather in contrast to the fall-like days we had been seeing in Washington but this is ridiculous. A. said while we were driving the other day - "Mom, I know what this place is called - the desert". Good to know she's got her habitats straight. Anyhow, the word up north is that the days are perfect beautiful and sunny end of summer type days. I'm sure winter will have hit by the time we get back.

I've only got a week left but some of the things am really enjoying or looking forward to while being "home" (besides visiting friends and family - that's a given): Cuca's bean and cheese burritos, In-N-Out (grilled onion, extra tomato and pickles please), Mason's Sunday School class, Ziba eyebrow threading, being a soccer-aunt, rental cars, cool evenings....I'm sure there are more but time is short...gotta get on the road!

Here are some pics of the trip, including the bus ride - or rides - to the airport. Even though it added a few hours I was glad to know we can walk out of our front door and make it to the airport without needing a ride - what freedom! I gave Miles a pack of M&M's and told him he couldn't open them until he was on the plane and that little guy held onto them for 4 hours.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

sounds like you are having fun, its always good to be home. Hey I just went private and wanted to add you to my list of readers, but I don't have your email address. Email me at brittanynaef@gmail.com. thanks

kelly said...

we loved seeing you this weekend! hope you have fun in california!

Pattersons said...

i was in avery's class for a little bit yesterday and i told the class she was visiting her family. avery's response,"yeah, just me, my mom, and my brother. my dad's not on this island-he's in washington." too funny-and it was good to see you guys:)

Erick & Norma said...

We were just in Beaumont on Sunday, too bad we didn't run into each other while we were there. I agree, the heat is a bit much. LA is at least 10 degrees cooler. Have fun during your stay!

Suzanne said...

What is it about Southern Cal? I just love it there.

jen said...

so glad i got to see you and your family! can't wait for the next one!

TOVAR said...

That is liberating. It's always a pain asking for rides to the airport. I feel like I have to get someone indebted to me via babysitting or saving their child's life or something before I can even think about asking for a ride. In the end, the hours of service are far longer then a bus ride and transfers to the airport.