Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, August 15, 2008

So I'm not the only one in the house with an opinion:

The end of the first week couldn't have come sooner for Avery, and she's going to be disappointed to know that she has one more week of shhhing and fending for herself left. I keep telling her how important these games are and that everyone in the world is watching.

Begrudgingly she has stayed up and watched most of it with me. And she has some observations of her own.

(while watching the 200 women's butterfly) - Look! Mermaids. REAL Mermaids.

(when hearing the announcement for Hungary's Laszlo Cseh) - Hungary? That makes me thirsty.

(referring to China's "women's" gymnastics all-around team) - Mom...Are those girls my age? (Answer - Maybe. (not that Shawn Johnson looks any older...))

2 comments:

Wilde ones said...

Maya's right there with Avery. She keeps asking me when the Olympics are going to be over. At first she thought they were going to be on for 4 years until I explained to her that they only lasted a few more days and wouldn't be on again for 4 years. When USA doesn't win a medal, especially gold, Maya can't believe and gets very disappointed.

Tami said...

I have the same problem with my kids. Don't they know this only happens every four years.