Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Now that's enriching!

The other ward that shares our building has a surfing "enrichment group", where the moms go out once a week and take turns watching kids and surfing. What could be more fabulous?! Looks like my unfinished quilts will never see binding because the groups meet on the same day.

Today we went to the North Shore, fulfilling one of my (recent) dreams to surf* there, and in winter no less. While out I saw a huge sea turtle swimming around among us - awesome. Although I must admit it was a little freaky when he first popped his head up, but then again I get spooked when my leash floats against my leg. It also rained a little bit and I've always loved being in a body of water while it's raining (not lightening, just raining). All in all a fun day. And I got back just in time to go to my oh so important appt (see above).


*Don't mistakenly get the impression that I am carving it up out there or anything. I ride an 8 or 9 foot board and I might try to go to the nose if I'm really feeling crazy, which is when I fall off and get attacked by sea creatures.

4 comments:

TOVAR said...

What a perfect enrichment! Too bad we usually are quilt tying and crafting up a storm. I guess it would be a little too traumatizing to show off this body.

Doug and Merrill said...

Do they really? Did you just got with them? If I even knew how to kind of surf, I'd go to. Maybe we should move to that ward....

sara said...

if you were a real super woman you would be quilting on the beach while you are watching the kids and waiting your turn to surf. get to it.

alise said...

How did I miss this post?! That's the best enrichment EVER!