Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, March 31, 2008

March Recap

Did March seem long or was it just me. It's probably just that February goes by so quickly...

So lots happened. As you will see from the number of pictures in the slideshow.

MILES - Moved on up in the world and by up, I mean OUT of his parents bedroom. We were sad to see him go but seeing him start to be squished in his travel-sized pack 'n play was sadder. He is now sharing a room with his sister or wherever we put the kid sized Aero-bed for the night. We're not into permanent sleeping arrangements as you can tell.


He also grew a molar, discovered today, that brings the grand total to an unimpressive seven.


In more earth shattering news, M. decided to become a vegetarian (I just had to look up how to spell vegetarian). He refuses to eat meat and downed a veggie burger to show his solidarity to the cause. Or maybe it's because he only has seven teeth. Did he not see my post about our love of bacon? He also refuses to watch television. If he starts wanting to wear cloth diapers he's gonna have to go live with our friends the Thorntons. It's a good thing they are moving to WA too.


Miles also went to nursery for the first time (two weeks early shhhh). It may seem like I am always trying to bend the rules with my kids but I had a good reason - no husband and I was subbing for Primary again. The good news is that this mommas boy loved it! Well he wasn't exactly smiling the times I checked in on him. But he wasn't crying either. He liked the snacks since I rarely remember to bring anything for him to eat during church.


His vocabulary is increasing daily but I won't post any of the words here because they're still only words a mother can decipher. Or a sister. For instance, M. says something like "bebow" and A. excitedly yells "he said fla-mingo!" This goes on many times a day with someone in the family trying to interpret what he is trying to communicate.



AVERY - Wore the same brown dress for about two weeks straight, I didn't realize this until I downloaded pictures from March and it looked like they had all been taken the same day if you judged it by her outfit. That was until I got her a cute white polka-dot dress (Ross $6.99) which she has worn the last four days in a row. The girl loves a long dress what can I say. She reminds me of a pioneer child - catching lizards and playing in the dirt and grass in her one good dress. Except that she has more than a few.


Took up body-surfing and boogie-boarding this month. She's actually really good at reading the waves and knowing when to take off. She says "wait for it, wait for it...GO!" Funny since she couldn't swim when we moved here and only just started going into "the sea".



BEN - Work, work, work. Get nagged at home. Go to a couple nice dinners compliments of drug companies. The usual.

However, I would always know when he was home because he would be singing some hideous song that goes "Apple Bottom jeans, Boots with tha fur...Baggy Sweat Pants and the Reeboks widda strap". I thought it was something he had made up until he downloaded it. Miles is dancing to it in one of the videos on the sidebar. They don't play that song on NPR so I wouldn't know it.

Ben took me out on a date. Or rather, I asked him out and secured childcare, he paid. He got to go to our favorite favorite restaurant Roy's for a pharm. presentation and got to try some dishes we hadn't had before and I salivated in envy while he explained each one. Roy's started in Hawaii and I'd never been to one here, only CA and MD so I was glad when the wait at Yardhouse was over an hour cause we went around the corner and got right in at Roy's. The flavors and presentation were perfection as always, down to the last bite/lick of the Chocolate souffle.


ME - Well to start, we had the Patterson's visit us which was awesome (Ben took a couple of days off when they were here too). Anywhere we've lived I love it when people come to town because then we get to be on vacation too. I'll get up and go if I have a reason to, especially when I get to be in charge of planning the itinerary. I was sad to see them go. And we left the air mattress inflated for two weeks just in case they wanted to come back.

So not much of my month is left to be revealed - whale watching, taxes, Botox, etc. that pretty much that covers it. I did get to ride around the North Shore on a bus all day (9am-5pm) with the kids while the car was in the shop (preventative maintenance), that was fun. I still have sea urchin in my toe too which is cool. What else... even in paradise we have endless loads of laundry and OH I KNOW - PLUMBING DISASTERS. Like when Avery told me Miles put an apple in the potty. I checked it out and flushed it, looked like it worked fine to me, fast forward to two days later when the toilet is inconveniently backed up with you know what and of course I knew what was blocking it's descent - A beautiful half-eaten organic apple lovingly grown in the pacific northwest. No further details. A few days later the garbage disposal is backed up but humming so after a day of administering DIY treatments (plunging, baking soda and vinegar, digging around with a wooden spoon) I realize that it is a small disposal sized glass resting in the drain. I feel dumb because this happened to me a few months ago, so I should have remembered, but last time I just put my hand down in it immediately and discovered the problem. So much for trying to be safe.







Some of these pics can be credited to Darcy - I can see why she hasn't posted pics of her trip yet, there are a lot to go through! Thanks for helping create and document fun memories.

*Bonus Grandparent Footage Below - Egg Hunt.

Excitement level - 2 out of 10






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the update, and March flew by for me. I'm glad because that means my trip to visit you is just around the corner... can't wait.

alise said...

The turquoise water is absolutely beautiful. It's calling for me. Great pictures! And,girl, you're looking hot! Sorry we didn't get to chat. I'll try to call you again :)

sara said...

now that you got the dry runs over with, get ready for hawaii 3-0. and we'll be going to roy's too.

Erick & Norma said...

Love the pictures and your update. Makes me want to go visit you guys before you leave. hmmmm...when do you leave hawaii again? By the way, love the tan you have going on.

Brady, Theresa, & Lily said...

I loved this post!!!!! I watched all the videos with Lily on my lap and she was laughing at miles!:) He is too cute!! Your living in paradise- I want to come back!!

Tami said...

Great pictures. You are looking pretty hot! March flew by for me. I didn't realize how fast until some abnoxous blogger left some comments on my blog about me not blogging. I can't help it if I'm having so much fun.