Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mama's got a new camera.



So I have been unmotivated to blog since I nearly destroyed my camera in our New Years fĂȘte. It's no fun to have have your batteries fall out right when you are about to capture the perfect shot. I have confirmation that I did in fact destroy the xD card so why not just get a new camera instead. It's the American way, non? Well, we'd been tossing around the idea of getting an underwater kine camera anyway but thought that since we wouldn't be here that much longer that it wouldn't be prudent. However, after three days of above-ground submersion in WA, the answer was clear. Get the stinkin camera that can be dropped (from 5 ft), frozen, dunked (in any liquid) and that is sandproof, sweatproof and probably even kid-proof. And after an unexpected, but useful donation to the cause by a grandfather who was suffering from photographus withdrawalitis (either that or he was really hoping he could see something besides mississippi cat and suavemente reruns) the purchase was made.

So it has arrived. The Olympus790SW (I'm a big Olympus fan and already have my sights set on the 10MP Evolt - I can't help it - I'm that American). I got it in lime green. I'm not sure why, It just spoke to me. It comes in a variety of colors including standard black or silver but I think I needed a color that would reassure me that it could in fact go underwater. So now I have to figure out how to maximize it's capabilities (which will contribute to another blogging sabbatical I'm sure) and where to put all the junk that comes with a tiny piece of technology. Expect a full report at a later date.




-


Here are a few of the first snapshots right out of the box.


-



1 comment:

Erick & Norma said...

Cool new camera! Erick keeps insisting on buying a new Canon camera that costs like $1,500...he's crazy, the one we have is perfectly fine! Just stopping by to say hi, your blog is entertaining as always! Say hi to Ben for us :-)