Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Blue Angels

On Saturday we went to see the air show at the nearby Marine Base. I decided to take the kids because for the previous two days we had been getting buzzed by the jets as they were practicing. I thought a missle was coming straight for our house it was so loud. The sonic boom even set off my neighbors truck alarm. Unfortunately, by the time you realize that you are, in fact, not under attack they are out of sight. Miles likes planes, Avery likes going inside the static displays and hearing about her Great Gpa Big Al who flew those big planes and I like the fact that two of the Blue Angel pilots are women so we went and had a great time. It reminded me of going to see the Air Force Thunderbirds at March AFB when we were kids. Here are some pics and a video I took. The footage I have of the Blue Angels would make even the sturdiest sailor nauseous it's so shaky (those planes are FAST) so I included a little video I found of them online, it's a special treat for all of you Van Halen fans out there. It's crazy how close together they fly (18 inches at times) at those speeds (up to 700 mph), it's no wonder that of the 226 pilots they have had that there have been over 20 deaths in action. Yikes.





5 comments:

April said...

Lynn --- is it really possible that Miles is walking is he 1 year almost? It seems like just yesterday...how time flies! I love the plumbing troubles...and your clever way out of them!

sara said...

miles is walking? i forgot he has a dimple in his chin, adorable. you and ben need to watch top gun on your next date. you never know where that will lead.

Patriot said...

I don't know how they keep their bearings - that's pretty amazing flying!

I just wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting at my site for some great American made products. Please stop by and enter!

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Wow thats cool! It seems like there is plent of fun stuff to so there in Hawaii, I wish I lived there!

TOVAR said...

Tiago couldn't stop screaming "airplane" while we watched the slide show. Thanks for the free entertainment.