Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Where has the time gone?

So it looks like it's been a full week since I last posted something (I know, my grandparents are the only ones who noticed). The sabbatical was partially intentional as I was finding myself suffering from blogsomnia - that's when you lay in bed at night trying to think of what to post instead of sleeping - and I knew that when I started to consider staging events to have fodder for the blog that it had already gone too far. Luckily I stopped myself before seeing if Ben would want to have another baby so that I could have a pregnancy to track... the labor story and the pictures of a newborn would have been so great and would have given me at least two new entries!

That's a joke, it never crossed my mind till this moment, but you see how this illness works. I'm sure they must have a Betty Fordish center in Silicon Valley with a wing for bloggers and another for for texters. Fortunately I think I have this addiction under control and am ready to enjoy this outlet of thoughts once again. Besides, it's the only way Ben can find out what we are up to. He didn't even know that Miles now has two teeth because I hadn't posted it. And he requested more pictures.

So what I have I been doing this last week if not blogging? Well, having a good time playing with the kids for one, paying nearly overdue bills (no electricity means no internet access...), reading friends blogs and also being tour guide, chef and hotelier to our very first guests! (More on them later) Also, sadly I still find myself watching old recordings of SYTYCD (speaking of addictions). But it's getting better, I'm ready to consider erasing them to make room for something equally inane. Like maybe the Miss Teen USA pageant? Which I watched tonight until the evening gown portion, during which it flashed one of the girls hobbies as "texting her friends". Wow. Anothers was cliff-jumping. I just checked to see who won and it was a beauty from Colorado who's aspirations are to become an ENTERTAINMENT journalist. Like she wants to work on Access Hollywood or the E! channel?! I'm suddenly very frightened for my children (and vowing to not watch trashy television in their presence (or learn how to text message)). US Open starts in three days.

4 comments:

TOVAR said...

It's a sad day when beautiful girl can win pageants with a skimpy bikini and aspirations to gossip for the rest of her life. Blogging is an addiction. Unfortunately, not as many people have come to enjoy its highs. I just wish my blogs were nearly as cleaver as yours always are. Thanks for being a housewife's entertainment.

alise said...

U.S. Open--woo hoo! I also watch a lot of football(I love fall)--alhtough I have no favorite team, don't know who any of the players are, and don't really care who wins--it just reminds me of cozy rainy days watching football with my dad-- and eating chips and salsa.

Terese said...

I am so with you on the blog addiction (if you haven't already noticed.) Josh actually had to do an intervention with me so I'd get away from the darn computer. Ido things and think, that is so going in my blog! I just love that beach/paci picture.

sara said...

i'm glad you're back, with renewed perspective. can't wait to see those pictures. lol -sara