Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa Shuffle -10 oops 5K

I signed up for the Santa Shuffle 10K even though I have yet to even re-lace my sneakers after washing them from the last race. I waited till the last minute to decide if I was actually going to participate since the weather was supposed to be cold and nasty. That morning I awoke to chilly but clear conditions, perfect for a couple laps around the golf course. Make that one lap around the golf course. I wimped out at the 5K mark and called it a day. I saw more than one person wipe out in the mud and just in general wasn't feeling up to it. After kicking it in at a disappointing on any other day 27 minutes (four minutes more than my last, planned 5K in Honolulu) I went home and helped Ben work on our fence.

Bonus - the hot chocolate and post race snacks
Bummer - They were giving out long-sleeved shirts (my favorite) and I got there too late to get one :(

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm still bummed I didn't show up that morning. LAME LAME LAME. We could've both scored a long-sleeved T and ran the full 10K (or not).

Lesson learned (don't rely on the forecast and set my alarm).