Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Ben wants to join in the fun.

Maybe because of the contributions on the house build blog that I have forced him to be a part of, Ben has come to realize the theraputic nature of blogging. I know he enjoys lurking around the blog rolls. Often times he gets important info before I do. For instance when dear friends and MD neighbors the Jones' found out they were expecting another little boy, Ben read about it first and failed to tell me. When I went to break the news to him he just said, "I know". When I challenged him as to why he didn't let me know something so important he said "You didn't tell me about the water feature that Jones built".

So anyway, yesterday he presents me with his thoughts that he had jotted down and tells me to post them. Not on the house build site but on my blog. My blog.

I had noticed that his yearnings to publicly journal ran deeper than just house stuff, when he ventured off about his feelings with his brother leaving on a 2-yr misssion when he was supposed to be writing about foundations and backfill. Not so much the fact that it is public but I think that we have all found how great a tool the blog is for keeping track and keeping in touch. With each other, with ourselves.

I am thrilled to have him jot down anything at anytime. The chance to have his take on lifes happenings, especially when we don't get a chance to talk that much, is priceless. That our kids might one day have a two-sided memoir is awesome. But do I want his musings on my turf? I already have to compete with him in person for jokes. Do I willingly let someone smarter, funnier, nicer and better looking to post a thought here and there? Or do I make him get his own URL?

I think it's time for a poll.

10 comments:

The Moving Circus said...

You always have the power to add or delete his comments...

TOVAR said...

I personally think that the more blogs the better. I hope that their is one more witty Westbrook to hop too.

Erick & Norma said...

This is the same debate I have with Erick all the time. He was actually supposed to take over our blog since I went back to school, but he didn't. Yet, he always has suggestions "oh, you should put this or that on the blog". This arrangement works for us for now. I'll make sure to vote on your poll :-)

Erick & Norma said...

Erick says "I want to hear Ben's thoughts!". I guess he misses his friend :)

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

lynn... i miss you!! you are hilarious!! shawn totally is up on all the blogging too... he knows everything before i do... though he's not to into wanting to write on ours, but i'm not sure if he'd have much to say, he's a man of few words!

jen said...

i love how all the guys are into the blogging. ryan keeps tabs on everyone and i want him to start blogging too! but lately we can't seem to agree on anything. well, thanks for motivating me to "come back." i always enjoy reading your journal!

Suzanne said...

Ben - Brother - you need your own blog. That way you can tell YOUR side of the story. :)

Ambitious Crafter said...

I like having my own blog because I can write about random stuff. Carlos has his ideas and enjoys doing his own thing (although it doesn't get updated nearly as much as mine :D)

Pattersons said...

not sure what to do about ben moving in on your turf...but when mason has something important to say, he blogs about it on our blog-i'm ok with that. now, i just wish he'd keep a journal!

sara said...

i think the occasional guest post couldn't hurt. but as soon as he starts editing your posts and telling you how to run your blog, make your blog private and don't give him the password.