Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Oregon Coast


Over President's weekend, we headed south to see what the Oregon coast had to offer. I had always wanted to go, but Ben is a beach snob and has never given in to my request to explore this part of the country and my mom is up for anything, even close quarters with my three children. Our first stop (well actually our second, after breakfast at the Original Original Pancake House) was the Tillamook Cheese Factory & Creamery. Look at all those loafs of pepperjack!



Then basically we beach hopped for the next two days. You can only do so much lounging when it's 41 F. There was sun though, which gave us permission to wear shorts and flip flops, until we were reminded that it is still very much winter.





You can't see it so well, but in these pics at Cape Meares there were waterfalls and other beutiful scenery that reminded me of places in Hawaii.




We spent the night in Garabaldi, and hit up Rockaway, Seaside and Cannon beaches.

Our last stop was Astoria, OR (of Goonies fame). We checked out Bowpicker Fish n' Chips per recommendations on Trip Advisor. I'm not a huge fried food lover but I had never had fried albacore before and it was good. The kids insisted that they didn't like fish but it turns out when battered and dipped in ketchup, they do.












The Astoria column, which you can climb up and throw gliders off of. We stayed at the bottom and tried to catch some.












View from the column overlooks the Columbia River. This is Lewis and Clark territory.


4 comments:

Breeana said...

I was shocked when I saw Cruz's picture. How can he be that big? I guess it has been longer than I thought since we've seen you. He just keeps getting cuter.

Pattersons said...

i don't know how you were able to move on after the trip to tillamook cheese factory!...meaning, i would've planted myself there til i had my fill of cheese:)pics of oregon look beautiful! who would've thought?:)

JMK said...

Gorgeous pictures! And you are soooooo lucky to have a grandma willing to make the trip w/ her grand kids all weekend! Fun!

Erick & Norma said...

we loved oregon when we went to visit a few years ago but never went that far north. I REALLY wanted to go to Astoria (Goonies is a classic), but we had already driven for so long that we couldn't bear another few hours to get there. I couldn't even entice erick with a promise to stop by the tillamook cheese factory. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, love all the pics!