Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's a miracle.


My eldest child actually wore shoes. Not only did she wear shoes but she wore jeans and let me put her hair in a ponytail. Okay, I forced her and she only obeyed humored me until we got home from the park when she immediately ripped the rubberband from her hair and put on her plaid dress/uniform.


She prefers to dress like every day is Easter Sunday...in the tropics (as evidenced below - the picture was taken November 10th - 50 F). It is a struggle we have daily.


But Amy reminded me in a comment that it may merely be a case of "like mother, like daughter", in which I might just have to let her be who she is. An extremely warm-blooded creature with a penchant for flip-flops. I'm sure my choice of footwear (and wearing shorts when it snowed) was disappointing at times to my parents - although I don't recall it being a big deal. I know it displeased my grandmother (right gma?). But really, I wasn't cold. And maybe, just maybe, Abes isn't either.


10 comments:

amy said...

Hey, the pink kicks rock! Dig 'em.
Maybe she'll take to the NW and wear pants under her skirt...

sara said...

i'm too tired to think of anything clever to say, but i'm cracking up inside. he...he.

Tarah said...

There is nothing wrong with wearing pants under skirts. Its the way you can still wear the skirt when it gets too cold outside. I call it being whatever the opposite of wasteful is. Resourceful? Maybe.

The Moving Circus said...

SO funny. Tanner does something similar except he wears shorts and his crocs, no socks. Gotta love them for their independent spirits.

JMK said...

I have a "wear a dress everyday girl" too!

Jennie said...

I remember that plaid dress. Didn't you get some good refreshments along with that dress? My mom said I would only wear dresses until I went to kindergarten and then I never wanted to wear them. Still don't.

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

That's hiliarous--especially because we had 50 degree weather today and I was freezing! Thanks for remembering my birthday, it was Nov. 19th. You were super close.

Kimi said...

Yes - as I recall - someone wore her "shower shoes" to the first day of class at Trinity! What were you thinking? If it makes you feel anybetter Madi asks every day to were her flip-flops - luckily I can pull out the ol' daycare rules "card" - it's against the rules at school. For now she is buying it :)

Sarah said...

That is hilarious. For that reason alone I'm glad I ended up with two boys. I was such the opposite as a little girl - I cried when I had to wear a dress or nice shoes.

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

i'm with avery... i would never wear anything but flip flops, if only that was okay for teachers!!