Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Glittered Spiders






I've been dying for a reason to get some of Martha's glitter and she finally gave me one. Avery and I caught a few minutes of her show on Tuesday and decided that we would take on her Glittered Hurricanes project. Mostly we were enamored by the idea of transforming plastic spider rings into fabulous jewelery, but when Big M. (her prison nickname I'm sure) mentioned that her glitter line was 30% (until sat. 10/18) off we were loaded up and on our way to Michaels. We made the hurricanes (actually a round vase and a votive holder) and then glittered 100 spooky rings. Or should I say one of us glittered 100 spooky rings. A couple of us just enjoyed playing with the ultra-fine and now ubiquitous glitter itself. Boy are we sparkly.














15 comments:

JMK said...

Well aren't you Miss Martha! I think I'll leave the glitter projects for your house. I'm picturing a very sparkly 8 month old in my house.

Kimi said...

Are you taking orders? Those skulls look cool - I'll have to file that one away for next year though - with Halloween cookies and brownie bakefest last weekend and pumpkin patch this weekend... maybe I'll recover by Easter - yet one more thing to thank Martha for :)

sara said...

she's crafty! now all you need is 100 fingers to wear them. such a cute idea. love it.

Andy and Yolanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy and Yolanda said...

Your spiders and skulls look amazing! All you need are some bedazzled ghosts and bats:)

The McKinstry Family said...

That is such a cute idea. I wish I was that brave to try glitter with our kids.

Christine said...

I saw her Halloween trees where she used the black glitter on the pots and it looked awesome. Hmm, today is the 18th, I'm contemplating a run to Michaels, those rings you made are really cute....

Unknown said...

How cute. You should pass out the rings to the trick or treat'rs! And I want a skull one!

amy said...

Whoa! Is this really Lynn (Lyons?) CRAFTING!?!?! This is new to me, save for the Barbie dress you and A made a few months back (and I briefly recall a half-sewn easter egg). I love watching you be a Mommy :) You have certainly stepped beyond those *Dunlap* boundaries. LOVE IT!!! Someday we may actually craft and sew TOGETHER.
Hurray!

April said...

So funny -- am I missing a second birthday in here somewhere? If my mind suits me (which it doesn't often) that Miles is turning 2 soon! Can you believe it?!!!!

Pattersons said...

so cute!

Sarah said...

Look at you - so artistic. Glitter in my house would be a nightmare - so I applaud you for taking the plunge.

xóchitl said...

what a cool idea! i'm none too crafty, but glue and glitter, i think i can handle.

Erick & Norma said...

How fun! That's how it starts. I never use to be very crafty and now I love tuning into my crafty side once in a while.

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Look at you guys and all your crafts! I should have been better at keeping updated on the happenings and I'd have gotten some darn good ideas. I'm sure your new house will be all decked out for the holidays--I can't wait to see it.