Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Believe

Ben: Avery - would you please sit on my feet while I do sit-ups?

Avery: (starts to comply then changes mind) Dad, you can do it without me. I can do it, see. (displays ability)

Ben: Please Avery. I need your help.

Avery: Dad. (places her hand on his knee and looks him in the eye)
Dad, I want you to believe in your destiny. I want you to believe that you are strong enough. I want you to believe that you can do sit-ups without me sitting on your feet.

(Conversation over)

16 comments:

Sarah said...

The best part is that she totally BELIEVES all those things--what an adorable little girl!

Jeff said...

Inspirational! I love it

Merrill Brower said...

She did not say that! You've raised a poetic genius.

Ashley Locke said...

Oh my gosh I'm laughing so hard!! She is just too cute!!

xóchitl said...

a future inspirational leader? or she could try her talents on the motivational speaker circuit. hilarious.

alise said...

Can she come over and give me that pep talk ;)

JMK said...

Oh my goodness, what a character! Love it!

Pattersons said...

I believe!:) so inspiring, avery is!

Suzanne said...

The important thing is that you put the right parts in Italics. Well spoken, and well written. :-)

April said...

That Avery is a girl wonder! I was a total lemming and always fell for sitting on my Dad's feet.

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Love it! It sounds like she got her pep-talk from the Shamu show at Sea World. "Anything possible, as long a you Believe." Did background music happen to chime in?:)

Andy and Yolanda said...

She cracks me up:) Next time I'm thinking I can't go on I know who to call:)

Juls said...

Not sure whether to laugh or cheer. She must be headed for the stars. The glitter is clearly an omen . . .

Sharlene said...

That is so funny!! Shoot, she sounds like a child prodigy. She is already a motivational speaker.

Sarah said...

Where do kids learn these things? So cute!

The Shields Family said...

Can I borrow Avery as my workout coach? What a cutie.