Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Vintage is just a fancy word for old.

Since B. did such a stand-out job this year providing various non-necessities for me on my b-day I felt I was under a little pressure to come up with a few things for him that he would like (I know it seems like this would be the norm for what you do for people on their birthdays but since our special days are close together we generally forgo individual gifts to each other and get a family gift or go on a trip instead. We also usually go ahead and toss in mother's day, father's day and our anniversary into the pile as well. Easy.)


Dr. Laura hasn't written The Proper Care and Feeding of Wives yet so I couldn't get him that. On a side note, I did enjoy the book he got me - at least what I skimmed through before I returned it.


One thing I know he has been wanting is an "Eddie Would Go" t-shirt. They make variations of this shirt but the one he wanted was the Quicksilver version with the simple statement on the front. They don't have a current version in the Quicksilver store so I went to the web to find one. A couple merchants on eBay were selling one like what he wanted and basically I picked the cheapest one and the one that was shipped from Hawaii so it'd get here on time. It got here plenty fast, the only problem was that it wasn't new! The guy (eVintage) had more than one of the same color shirt in differing sizes and they weren't being auctioned so I didn't even imagine that it wasn't new. You certainly couldn't tell from the picture. Normally, I wouldn't think of giving someone a "used" gift - but it is Ben. He could care less where his clothes came from. And he didn't even notice. Of course I told him and gave him an IOU for a new one. The book I ordered him didn't get here on time so otherwise he would have had nothing. To top it all off I don't even make the cake that he allegedly loves for his birthday (my excuse - I don't have the recipe - His response - but I do have his mom's number). Had I read more of the Dr. Laura book perhaps I might have made it. Maybe when he turns 30.
-

5 comments:

kelly said...

ah! bummer. at least it's "broken in". as for the bikes... i still get nervous with the trailer and the kids, but it's not as bad as i ever imagine. and the workout really isn't hard - as long as you have a stopwatch and a heart rate monitor your good to go. usually i'm done in about 35 minutes. it's great.

Sarah said...

Love it, Lynn. You're so funny. I'm wondering when Dr. Laura is going to write a wives book too. Maybe I should beat her to it.

jen said...

i always wondered that too about dr. laura. but the more i think about it, i realize that women are so complex. i think the book would be too long to read with too many chapters on different types of women. men are so simple. but still she could simply the book. sarah she take on the challenge. i'll be the first to buy it, for ryan that is.

Erick & Norma said...

I think there's a general consensus -- there should totally be a book on "The Proper Care and Feeding of Wives", that's what I thought too when I read it (mostly skimmed through) and also received it as a gift, but not from Erick.

April said...

I think you have a huge cheering section for returning the Dr. Laura book - and it's because we already know how to properly care and feed the husbands! Look, you've got two kids...that says something!