Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Mississippi Cat Takes the Stage

(Warning: contains video content only a mother, or close blood relative, can enjoy)


The moment I've been waiting for since the day she was born (or at least since she was 3 and I could put her in a class that I didn't have to participate in. I refuse to pay for mommy and me anything)- Avery's first dance recital. So, without further ado...

For only $160 you too can learn how to skip!! Actually, that achievement was completely worth it, she is so proud of it.


Some slightly blurry still shots:
















This young man wins the prize for best hair and best Singing in the Rain:





At the end there was a Mambo exhibition (to Japanese pop/techno of course) and Abes was selected to be the first in this "progressive" dance:

9 comments:

alise said...

So so so cute!!! I was laughing right along with you :)Almost made me feel like I was there. oh, BTW, I am surprised the sheriff wore that number ;) She is too funny!!

alise said...

...and she can really move! Are you hiding some hidden talent Lynn, or is Ben the groovester?

Anonymous said...

Go Avery! You were GREAT. I'm SO proud of you! Hope that you perform for us when you are here!
xoxoxo,
Aunt Nancy

Jeff said...

classic

sara said...

i smell a stage mom in the making. the best part is hearing you giggle while trying to hold the camera steady. can't wait to get our little dancers together.

Terese said...

Too cute. You can tell she's just in awe of having that audience! Love it!

TOVAR said...

I feel sorry that Tiago will never have the flexibility in his hair to get a quaff like the Singing in the Rain boy. Someday my kids might have a chance to perform after I stop being too cheap. Awesome movies.

Ryan Amber and Family said...

okay, so I noticed you have not put on option to comment on Ben playing with Miles!?! I see that might be a frightening thing to read. I on the other hand love it. Ryan threw the kids until they were- well I am not sure but Landon still loves it!
I think it is halarious and very fun for kids. I know I grew up being thrown. That picture is perfect. Great shot!! We just copied an old video onto dvd where michael, on halloween is asking to fly with dad. He is in his superman pjs and it is so much fun to watch. Ryan had to keep throwing so I could get a good shot on the camcorder, outside, and it was dark. He loved it We laugh so hard when we see it.

Ryan Amber and Family said...

I want Avery to kick that girl out of her way, and take center stage. She knows what she is doing and needs all the room to do it full out!!
Great performance.