Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Beauty Tips

To look your holiday best, make sure you get a cold sore* on your mouth, a fiery red subterranean zit between your nose and cheek, then have a doctor zap a spider vein** on your face (which she forgot to mention will scab over) for good measure. Oh yeah, and covering it up with makeup will only make it look worse. Happy Holidays!



* I am going to start calling it my "Christmas" Cold Sore because it shows up every year.

**I went to a derm. to have a lesion removed on my lower leg, which she did and left me with about 6 stitches. She was in a big hurry but I wanted to ask her about this broken capillary I have had under my eye for about 12 years now and she just grabbed her laser and started blasting my face with it (mmm, nothing quite like the smell of burning flesh in the morning) and said, "well that should take care of it". I guess that's what I ultimately wanted, but I was expecting more of a conversation.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to share this but I think it will make you feel better. I also got a cold sore! What the crap? I used to get them all the time when I was pregnant.... and NO I am not pregnant. I hate cold sores!

alise said...

I need some zapping for 2 veins that appeared on my face too, ideally I was hoping to wait for my complete head to toe plastic surgery by Dr. Ben (just kidding). But, I really do have some veins, I'll have to talk to you about how that went, cost etc. Right now they are around my eyes, so I cover them with make-up. Which only works a little. Why do I suddenly feel so naked.

TOVAR said...

Nice! I hope you had some family pictures scheduled just to capture that radiant look. I was sad not to see pictures, but the story was visual enough. It made me feel a little better about the river system of veins all over my legs. . .oh wait, no it didn't. Luckily it isn't warm in Texas and so I'll never have to worry about showing those things in public.

sara said...

thank goodness for the sephora gift cards! my doctor zapped a red dot on my nose once, and after weeks of a scab, the red dot was still there. good luck.

Tami said...

I was fortunate enough to get a rash that covered my entire body from some allergic reaction, but we'll never know what it was. Joseph said I looked like a lepper; I'd take a Christmas cold sore over that anyday.