Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Best Night on TV

(The clip from last weeks show w/ Sabra and Dominic doing the Jive. Sorry, it's not HD but it'll have to do.)


I love Wednesday night TV. It's the only night that I HAVE to watch. So You Think You Can Dance on Fox and Top Chef on Bravo (Project Runway coming back soon I hope ..just love that Tim Gunn). I am even more excited now that we have DVR and I can watch and re watch the dance numbers, or pause it when it might get a little risque for an attentive 3 year old (I did NOT appreciate Lacey's naughty hip hop routine last week tsk tsk) (but I did love her Samba this week! Racy but not inappropriate). And I can watch it on MY time when everyone has gone to bed and the house is quiet, except for the creepy...I mean relaxing swishy sounds the tropical foliage makes in our back yard. I thought I would watch more TV w/DVR but that it would just be more efficient. But I watch less, way less. I record a ton, but then I usually find that I don't care so much to watch it, I just feel good knowing that something was taped in case the next day I hear how good it was from someone and then it's there.

So anyhow, back to the shows...on SYTYCD I am rooting for Sabra or Lacey for the girls and Dominic or Danny for the guys. On Top Chef, I don't have a favorite I just love to watch the food.

Who are your favorites?


5 comments:

alise said...

so you think you can dance is the only show nate and i watch faithfully right now. We love Sabra and Lacey too, but I love Sarah's style. I totally want to be a b-girl like her. Sabra might be my favorite--still a toss up. As for guys--dominic (personality). Nate HATES Pasha. Danny has great technique, but man is he cocky (and for good reason, he is good looking). Tonight I loved the Disco--as far as fun go. I love Lacey's sassy routines, but I hated her ensemble when she came out tonight--way too skanky. Okay, did I overstay my welcome :) We love it too!!!

alise said...

We are watching the results now. Mia Michaels (really liker her) and Shane Sparks are my favorite choreographers. From last season, I can't get that contemporary piece Ivan and Allison did to Annie Lennox's "why" outta my head. I loved Allison . . . also Lauren is so good this season! okay, that's all!

Anonymous said...

i used my 1992 cheerleading tryout routine to audition for 'so you think you can dance' but for some reason i didn't impress the judges. i guess it's back to practice for me. - sara

Terese said...

You are such a girl after my own heart! My kids love SYTYCD too. They dance around with the show. I was sad that mohawk guy went home. And America's Next Top Model? That show is so fun. I have to watch that while Josh is at work, he can't handle that one. I just love the sets and photo sites the catty gossip stuff is pretty good too! Ha ha. Are you a Hell's Kitchen fan too? I remember at Presley's one year doc appointment, the doc said she could eat whatever even if she didn't have many teeth. the doc totally ok'd meat and all. (re. your last post) I love your writing. You're such a crack up:)

Anonymous said...

Ahh the DVR is right up there with sliced bread. Jenisteen and I have had that very same converseration about "efficient" TV watching... and you know she is the expert in the field!!!

I LOVE SYTYCD!!! My neighbor and I watch it every week. What did you think about the B girl and boy getting voted off!!! I'm rooting for Sabra - she is my FAV. I don't care for lacey or danny - they both act like they've already won it.

Oh... and what about that kiss Dominic got in on Lauren last week - what a kidder!!!