Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Recap.

I can already tell that 2011 is going to be a busy year. My library holds list is already a dozen books long, my collection of seeds to plant is growing by the day, I get to do real estate related activity a few times a week, have a busy calling, busy children who make plenty of messes, taxes to file, two hours of Bachelor ever Monday night...I mean the list goes on and on. And just when we think we have things under control and I think I might just have time to clean out a junk drawer we have a minor disaster somewhere in the house (one word - mold) which means I need to resurrect the house building blog). So let's get to reviewing.

First, we kicked off the year with a trip to SUNNY, lay by the pool, eat too much good food and play tennis California. And it was fun to see the family and friends too. Our first order of business was to see this guy again after two and a half years (whom cousin Kate is sooo glad that McKay is "not our cousin anymore, he's our uncle!". If anything will turn you from cousin to uncle status it will be a mission I guess. (For the record, he's always been her uncle):


(more family photos to come)


Ben - Started a block of research - YEA! (At least that's how I felt when he first started and I thought he would be around more. I still don't see him during daylight hours (not that there is an abundance of them) so now I just feel like: yea! (with only half an exclamation) because I think he feels like he can breathe a little easier during the day (while I continue to gasp)(but this section isn't about me is it?). I'm not sure what he is researching exactly, but he did give a presentation on face lifts today. So hopefully he's not researching my face.
Avery - Turned 7. For her birthday, we sent her to Vegas. And what happens in Vegas, deserves it's own post.

Miles - Miles spent a good portion of January telling fibs. Big ones. Such as when asked who ate mom's not-so-well-hidden chocolate stash by the bed, he flatly responded "mice". When pushed further on the story, he gave great detail on the apperance of the mice, number of mouse offenders and even gave a demonstration on how mice eat chocolate. Never mind the chocolate rimming his little lying lips.

Cruz - Has officially spent more time outside of the womb than in, although at times he does seem to prefer the former. He will do anything to get to his mom. My favorite is when he is is crawling around the house, spots me and then puts his head down and goes full speed ahead to get to me. His parents are suckers for him and just like the other two before him, he has convinced us that the best place to sleep is right between us, mostly we agree. Although not walking yet (so disappointing) he has mastered not only going up the stairs, but sliding down carefully step by step - a trick Avery taught him. He also claps, leads music and says a few words that only a mother can decipher - mama, dada, ball, Avery and water (okay, I'm not so sure about the last one). And he still loves to eat, not what you are feeding him, but whatever you are eating.

Me - I pretty much covered my stuff in the opening paragraph, so unless you want to hear more about my vacuuming technique or love of laundry (I must love it since I spend so much time doing it), how to re-seal countertops or touch up paint then my thoughts on January are over. Except to say that Britt spent the majority of hers wining, dining, kayaking and being dip kissed in New Zealand. Wah.

6 comments:

Pattersons said...

i think you're right! from the looks of it, 2011 is surely going to be a busy year for you guys:) hopefully, you'll get some time in there to breathe and eat chocolate:)

jen said...

great post! i love your recaps...and the chocolate and mice story is hilarious! alyssa has been quite the deceitful one too.

xóchitl said...

so funny. no one says it quite like you. somehow you make me want to be a part of your chaos instead of mine. nice. i for sure wouldn't mind being a mouse in your house.

Erick & Norma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erick & Norma said...

That was me that deleted my previous comment on accident, sorry :S Let's try this again...
I always look forward to your recaps, your sense of humor never disappoints :) Can I hire you to write some for us? I'm only like 2 years behind. Glad to hear you're all doing well!

Ashley Locke said...

"Wah" is exactly what I kept thinking about every time Brit's new pictures were posted on FB. If only we could all be so lucky!!