Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rock n Roca


We like to rock out at our house so I was excited to take the kids to their first concert today. Technically, they had seen this band play before at the library but this was a real show, and one where the kids would be a part of the next album (there's not much that annoys me more than kids music where kids are actually singing the songs but kids have a very minor role in these songs so it's okay). Ben would have loved to have go but had to work so I was happy that Sarah A. was also husbandless for the weekend and wanted to go. The band is Recess Monkey (made up of three Seattle elementary school teachers) and I recommend their album Field Trip (you can listen to samples here on Amazon or watch a not so good recording taken by yours truly) if you are looking for fun kids music that doesn't suck.


We hit up Randy's Restaurant on the way home - the diner I had planned on visiting the week previous with my mom. It was about what was to be expected. Sassy service, kitschy aviation decor, okay food. Not a bad place to take kids though or if you want a cheap but good pancake (with fake syrup) served 24/7.

If we hadn't had enough fun already, Sarah led us to the Almond Roca Factory/Outlet, which is a local treasure I had heard of but never visited. I ended up scoring a large assortment of Roca's (macadamia, almond, cashew, candy cane, sugar free) some nuts and some other chocolate for $5.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Leave it to me to know where to find lots of good chocolate for such a low price. Mine is already gone, by the way, and I can't necessarily blame it on the kids (or the hubs, since he's gone too). Good thing I only spent $1.50.

And you forgot to mention that Randy's is now the proud owner of not one, but two jackets. Yup, Linc's is there too. I'll probably go pick them up today.

Good times, Lynn.

Erika said...

i wish they would come down to TX to tour. The closest we had to cool bands was at Austin City Limits and that was a 3 day thing and expensive tickets Milkshake played there for the kids and some of the local musicians...Dan Zanes please come visit!